Man Fights Off Three Would-Be Robbers by Ignoring Sonic’s Gun-Free Request

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The question is what can the owners do without fear of losing their franchise license?

How about they get together and just do it regardless of what Sonic corporate thinks? What are they going to do, pull 25% (or whatever number it may be) of their franchises? I don't think so, and it's high time people start standing up for themselves and quit being sheep...

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For a large corporation.... their donations are paltry. Doesn't mean they didn't give them to the wrong people... but that's a piddly amount of money.

From what a saw, the lions share(if not all) of Sonic's donations went to the dems. IIRC, I didn't see any to the Republicans.

otb4evr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This Sonic was in DeKalb County, Georgia. I have never heard what Sonic's policy on CCW is in Oklahoma. Since Sonic is based here in Oklahoma, I would think that they would know how the people feel about CCW and being able to defend yourself. All I know for sure is that "Gun Free Zones" are just open invitations for robberies, mass shootings(Aurora, CO--etc.) and a "shooting fish in a barrel" attitude for bad guys/perps.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/02/11/man-fights-off-three-would-be-robbers-by-ignoring-sonics-gun-free-request/
Man Fights Off Three Would-Be Robbers by Ignoring Sonic’s Gun-Free Request
by AWR Hawkins
11 Feb 2015
On February 8, a customer who ignored Sonic’s request that “customers refrain from bringing guns to the restaurant” was able to pull his gun and shoot one of three alleged armed robbers, killing him and stopping the would-be robbery.

Yep... GFZs are also referred to as 'CPZs' - Criminal Protection Zones. The gun-toting thug knows he will likely get no armed resistance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom