Man In Critical Condition After Parking Lot Shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. -- Oklahoma police are investigating a shooting near the intersection of Northwest 10th and MacArthur.

Lt. Jeff Cooper said a man was in the parking lot of Beauty World Beauty Supply when a person approached at about 7 p.m. and opened fire.

The victim was hit several times and was taken to an area hospital in critical condition.

The shooting took place around 7 p.m. at the Beauty World Beauty Supply, which is near the intersection of NW 10th and MacArthur in OKC.

“Witnesses say a man who was at a neighboring apartment complex walked over to the parking lot of the beauty store and confronted another man," Cooper said. "The man pulled a gun and fired multiple shots, which wounded the other guy. A customer heard the shots and ran out of the store and began shooting at the suspect.

"The suspect ran back to the apartments and the victim was transported to OU MED where he’s listed in critical condition. Right now, police are searching for the suspect. Multiple witnesses are being interviewed."

KOCO has a crew on the way and will bring late breaking details on Eyewitness News 5 at 10 p.m.

Read more: http://www.koco.com/news/31015406/detail.html#ixzz1u3Jg6hv2

How would you know who the bad guy was if you heard shots? You might be shooting a man defending himself.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hurray for the CC'er. Too bad he shot at, rather than shot. Who knows, maybe he got a hit.

Did it say he was a concealed licensee? I just saw it noted someone came out with a gun and returned fire. Who knows the relation or circumstance there.

I can't say my reaction would be the same, if it were two random dudes unknown to me. My first instinct would GTFO unless my wife/kids/parents/friends were out there.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hurray for the CC'er. Too bad he shot at, rather than shot. Who knows, maybe he got a hit.

Responsible CC'ers shouldn't be shooting at gunshots. Unless he knew of the victim or the shooter personally, I think it was very irresponsible to shoot back at the sound of gunshots. I hope he didn't "get a hit" on someone he didn't know and who didn't attack him OR didn't get a hit on some innocent's property or person.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Responsible CC'ers shouldn't be shooting at gunshots. Unless he knew of the victim or the shooter personally, I think it was very irresponsible to shoot back at the sound of gunshots. I hope he didn't "get a hit" on someone he didn't know and who didn't attack him OR didn't get a hit on some innocent's property or person.

^^^ This.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If a shooter / bad guy is directly threatening me or my family, and I'm in fear of immediate death or serious injury, then I'm more likely to take a shot or multiple shots from a farther distance away and risk a possible miss or two... or a pass through a arm or shoulder.. than I would if I were trying to defend a stranger.

If a stranger were about to be seriously injured or killed by a shooter or someone with a knife...I might have to give it a few seconds thought before I got into a shooting. Sadly, the courts look much more favorably on the 'Self defense' of you & your family... than it does on the 'defense of others'. You have much more lea-way in your own & your family's self-defense than you would in defending a stranger or even a friend... unless it is in [your] house or your business.

Latest posts

Top Bottom