Man it feels good to get my J-frame back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well it ain't unfired anymore! Snuck out at lunch and squeezed off about 50rds to make sure it functioned (and I still knew how to fire a J-frame).

Did pretty well - sucked wind time-wise with my speed-loader reload, but I can work on that (I hate speed-strips, so I'm sticking with the HKS speed-loaders for now).

Its nice to know I haven't missed a step with shooting it though - 5rds very fast - two in each target and one left to finish off a still-active threat while I take cover to reload (since I suck at it).

It surprised me how accurate I was with it (its been a while for me and my old 642 - I much prefer the sights on the 340CT, but sold it because I didn't need the extra goodies on it).

I can't believe I ever went without one.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got back from a bicycle ride with the wife - carried the little 642 with me the whole time and felt safe as can be (and never knew it was there until I thought about it).

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of these days when I get rich instead of just incredibly good looking I am going to buy a j-frame. :D

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're telling me you owned a 642 for over a year and never fired it? What's wrong with you?

Well, its sort of complicated. I bought it off of another member here who had not fired it, so I had an unfired 642 (and an M&P 340CT already in my possession).

I had a friend who was in need of a handgun, so I sort or loaned it to him and he never fired it (he ended up getting a Sig P226, a G17, a Buckmark target, and an AR). He had it for almost a year and I just got it back from him the other day. Seeing as how I sold my 340 a while back, I've been without a J-frame for a few months, but its been a looooooong 2 months.

The gun is no longer "unfired" since I took it out and function-checked / practiced with it for about 50rds (I can't do the typical 150rds of practice with an airweight J-frame and due to the cost of .38Spl).

Latest posts

Top Bottom