Man shot and killed after "Red Flag" gun removal...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He put the gun down when he realized officers were knocking, but he picked the gun back up when he ascertained the officers had come to take his firearms.

I recognize that tensions are going to run high when you haven't broken any laws and jack-booted enforcers show up at your door to violate your constitutional rights, but how many times do we have to tell people to comply at the moment and win in court later on when everyone is safe? I guess it was his right to be dead right, but dead is permanent and right doesn't mean a damned thing when you're dead! :(

Obviously the Police Chief doesn't give a damn that his department needlessly took that man's life. After all, he's "just following orders". :(

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I disagree with the whole violation of rights involved here. There appears to be no one representing the rights of the accused - just a secret star chamber proceeding in which the judge hears no arguments from the defendant's side.

The proceedings must be kept secret - i can understand that, but why is there no advocate for the defendant. Juveniles have advocates in legal proceedings, do they not?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The more I think about this, the more questions pop up in my mind. We don’t know all the circumstances behind why the 5:17 AM roust, as talked about by okierider and others above. But, at 5:17 AM, or anywhere close that certainly throws up a red flag for almost anyone that hears pounding on their front door.

Did the police try to contact him before? Did he refuse to comply with the order (never mind how wrong this is) before they decided to go in early at a pre-dawn hour to get the guns? Had he verbally threatened anyone during a previous contact, if there was one? What other parts of the story are we not hearing? And if you follow the links and dig into the story more, you find contradictions abound.

Sad deal regardless and as already said, there may be more to come - on both sides of the door, I’m sad to say. After all, we can’t just damn the police out of hand, they are just doing their job, whether they agree with or like the rules or not. (Hmmm...kinda like a forum moderator is required to do occasionally. Except we won’t be knocking on your door at 0-dark thirty and rousting you from a deep sleep. At least not until the second time you inadvertently break the rules that is, of course).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is what gun confiscation will look like.
A lot of folks on this forum say "come and get 'em", implying they'll do just what this man did.

At what point does resistance become the right thing to do, as opposed to give up your guns and fight in court later (maybe)?

Can people turn in their thug neighbors?
Will the cops have search warrants if the homeowner says "I lost 'em in a boating accident"?

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not see anything about any video of the incident.

I would not believe the story the police have stated.
When I was a juvenile I was told by the police officer in Moore that he would take me to the lake and beat the hell out of me and he could do just that because it is his word against mine.

You come to my house and barge in NO knock in the dark and you will not leave breathing when you leave.

Here is the way I see it: The officers were in fear for their lives and it is justified to shoot a person.
I am hard of hearing and 1/2 asleep and in fear for my life and shot and killed 2 intruders..OH CRAP they are police officers.
Am I justified. I never heard them say they were police officers..NO video to prove otherwise.
All I saw was a bright light in my eyes and and 2 silhouettes.
It could play out really bad.

This is just a terrible way to go about confiscating guns or entering a residence at early hours.
I really want to see a video.
Just hearsay without it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom