Mass shooting at Oregon community college - 10-15 dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They (gun banners) keep saying common sense over and over again but I don't think they have any idea what that means. These shootings never stop until people with guns show up and make it a two way range. The obvious answer is to get the two way range going sooner. Take the fun out of it for them and they will stop.

They say it's common sense that we could never deport 11 million illegal aliens, then they say it's common sense that a piece of paper or window sticker will stop a murderer from getting one of the 300 million guns in America.

q6b35.jpg

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not really. Lanza's mother knew her son had severe emotional problems. In fact, she thought introducing him to firearms and their use might help him cope with his troubles. Mercer graduated from a private H.S. school in California that specializes in the education of severely troubled kids, including those with various mental illnesses and behavioral problems. His mother certainly knew he was very troubled as well. Lanza's mother might have been prosecuted had he not killed her. Mercer's mother may still yet be.

I doubt it, but it sure would be nice if the MSM called for it. The more exposure she gets, the more likely someone else in her shoes will make wiser decisions. She failed her son and all those victims in Oregon, the least she could do is serve as a terrible example. :(

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Surely you don't believe this...hogwash...

Twoguns - It is the opinion of a mental health professional and I think his idea is much better than taking away more gun rights.

Mental illness is real and it can be treated.

Perhaps it would not help but I'm much more ready to consider increasing mental health care availability in Lawton and elsewhere than I am to consider additional gun restrictions.

Of course I agree about the need to eliminate gun-free zones.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They (gun banners) keep saying common sense over and over again but I don't think they have any idea what that means. These shootings never stop until people with guns show up and make it a two way range. The obvious answer is to get the two way range going sooner. Take the fun out of it for them and they will stop.

^^^ THIS! ^^^

For those of you blaming it on a failed mental health care system. What changes do you think need to be made? How do you propose to get someone SUSPECTED of have a screw or 10 loose checked out? What freedoms are YOU willing to give up? Annual MH evaluations? At least 3 known associations confirming someone is acting weird? Who do you see providing oversight to guard against abuse? It's a very slippery slope folks. It's really easy to understand. Evil people do actually exist. Even here in the good 'ole US of A...

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem is, that its looked at as the fix-all, it will fix Some things, but is totally dependent on someones opinion
That's what scary
Lets get rid of the things that are wrong first,
Theres enough rules in place now, that if enforced, would greatly help these situations
More mental health is not a bad thing, it just seems to easy to extort

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doubt it, but it sure would be nice if the MSM called for it. The more exposure she gets, the more likely someone else in her shoes will make wiser decisions. She failed her son and all those victims in Oregon, the least she could do is serve as a terrible example. :(

I believe like the Sheriff that wouldn't repeat the shooters name, take the glory out of these situations, and it may be forgotten(like all the killings in Baltimore that were never reported on, giving names and such)....too much in the news crap
Yea blame the parents, like they had much control, if they did they wouldn't let theyre children do these things
Yea lets fear or guilt people into doing things....;/

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
“COMMON SENSE” , “BALANCED”, “REASONABLE” & “A GOOD FIRST STEP” are all lib dem “DOUBLE SPEAK WORDS/TERMS” in their playbook/lexicon used to describe their gun grabbing/2nd Amendment hating/psychobabble legislation. BEWARE OF ANY POLITICIAN that utilizes/exploits/brandishes these terms in describing their "gun control", "gun abolishment" or "2nd Amendment abolishment" legislation efforts.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem is, that its looked at as the fix-all, it will fix Some things, but is totally dependent on someones opinion
That's what scary
Lets get rid of the things that are wrong first,
Theres enough rules in place now, that if enforced, would greatly help these situations
More mental health is not a bad thing, it just seems to easy to extort

Agreed on all points, but my point is that whatever is done needs to be very carefully considered. And I have ZERO faith in our leaders doing this, because they've lost touch with reality. They are afflicted with the same mentality as the news media and that's that we should live in a shining city on a hill where everybody loves everybody. In the real world nothing could be further from the truth. To them they just can't understand that someone who would do this may not be mentally ill at all, they may just be pissed off, mean, evil bastards that need to be exterminated. They unable to comprehend that they can have those kind of people that close to them, it's always somewhere else, never where they are.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea, I would like to see some good come out of this, as in starting early to help people deal with and understand problems better
Some people just don't learn this or learn the wrong things
The idea that someone is just PO'd or want some attention, yea even the truly evil

Latest posts

Top Bottom