Meal Splitting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I occasionally will split a meal and never had any problems at all. However, we were in Eureka Springs, Arkansas last fall and met another couple at Rogue's Manor for dinner. After we ate we asked the waitress for separate checks and she informed us that if she splits the check there would be a 30% mandatory gratuity added to BOTH checks. Pretty much a no brainer... we just asked for a menu and did the math and while I normally ALWAYS leave at least 20% tip, she only got 10% of the total bill. So she kinda shot herself in the foot. I have read others reviews of Rogue's and the splitting of the check seems to be a big deal there for some reason. We won't be going back.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got it. Still. No. I don't do it.

"I just want a few fries"- means half or more. I will order her a full order, I don't care if she really does only want a few. Same with nachos, popcorn at the movies, whatever. Saves me from having to share mine. I really don't like it. Cost means nothing to me when it comes to me being happy with my meal.

(Tapatalk)- on the road.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tumblr_mf1kx9OpiI1ri6o80o1_500.jpg

I shamelessly hotlinked this pic. I usually don't, but eh.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I occasionally will split a meal and never had any problems at all. However, we were in Eureka Springs, Arkansas last fall and met another couple at Rogue's Manor for dinner. After we ate we asked the waitress for separate checks and she informed us that if she splits the check there would be a 30% mandatory gratuity added to BOTH checks. Pretty much a no brainer... we just asked for a menu and did the math and while I normally ALWAYS leave at least 20% tip, she only got 10% of the total bill. So she kinda shot herself in the foot. I have read others reviews of Rogue's and the splitting of the check seems to be a big deal there for some reason. We won't be going back.

So, you punished the server for a policy she most likely didn't set?

Latest posts

Top Bottom