Media misrepresents Heartland Outdoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1shot(bob)

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I partially agree with your statement, any training is better than no training. When you get ur car, you are required to get a license before you drive it... it should be the same with guns. Training reduces the amount of insufficient users. Its a numbers game. And yes, most training classes are a joke, and that needs to change. The NRA is basically handing out licenses at this point to anyone who pays them for the right to be an instructor. I support the NRA, so please, no hate mail.

You can not compare driving a car (a privilege) with carrying a gun (a right). It's apples to oranges, plain and simple.

There was also a person on here that quoted me, and continued to say that forced training would require money, and some people can't afford it, therefore stripping them of their second amendment. Number #1 the second amendment uses the term 'well regulated militia' also refered to as "well trained". Secondly, if someone cannot afford the $65 (assuming the fee remains the same as the CCW course, which by law you cannot be charged more for your CCW class than $65, so if you were, like gun world who is charging $200, u should have paid attention to the law.), how can they afford the gun in question, or the ammo to feed it. Its not a right to carry them with u, it is a right to OWN them. Look I'm a firm believer in the 2A, I will die to defend it, but there is NOTHING wrong with training. The 2A actually demands it. Respectfully, my humble opinion.

In 1789 there was no 'formal training' for firearms users. The fact that people had them and used them on a fairly regular basis is how they trained. The founders put no restriction on training as a means of maintaing the 2A, but did realize that if you didn't have the right to 'keep and bear' arms then there is no way you would ever be able to be ready to use it if needed. "Well regulated' had nothing to do with formal training.

My father gave me his old Rossi 38 special. It cost me nothing.
My CCW class cost $60. My finger printing cost $35. My license cost me $100. That's 500 rounds of ammo (at Ammoman's current pricing) that I could have used to stay 'well regulated'.
I can afford the license, or the 'training'. Which do you think is more important?

What does 'keep and bear arms' mean if not the right to carry them?

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't drink alcohol but I do smoke cigarettes and currently the taxes on cigarettes is higher than the price of the cigarettes, I think they should tax beer, wine, and liquer just as heavily as cigarettes. Personnally I'm pretty tired of payin for your grandmothers pills.

That was a joke, but now that you mention it.

My grandchildren sent a note With Marty Mcfly that stated they are tired of paying for your media bills.

epd117

New to the site!
Reaction score
Well, out of the blue comes the offender.
I was speaking for myself, after being ambushed by the camera crew, and not for the business. The owner didn't know the crew was coming, nor did I. The question was asked about my opinion and I answered with my opinion.
The TV didn't give the parts about my opinion that folks should, within limits, be allowed to carry a firearm to defend themselves and others against criminals and the assorted crazy.
I don't address 2A rights but I do 1A rights. Those have been thoroughly hashed over during the last two days of ranting and discussing on this thread.
We get caught by cameras occasionally, and anyone who has worked in the public view can testify to that. Opinions are like body parts, everyone has them, some offend others.
As for the chat, ass-eating, discussion of business policy, those have already happened. The funny thing about this is that Fox came into the business a couple of weeks ago for the same interview. They talked to a couple of customers, myself and shot video of someone buying a black gun. The same answers were given and nothing happened.
Those of you who know me, I have served my time dealing with the folks we are trying to protect ourselves from, and that my skills and mindset are the type most would want around should something bad happen.
So, for the short story, sorry to have offended those who think we are anti anything at HO. The only thing that offends us are the rude, the ceiling shooters and the price of everything.
Thanks for your time, and we'll leave a light on for ya.

Oh, I forgot. The one post that said I was one who thought only cops should carry. A majority of them can't shoot that well, so no, that's not what I think.
have a good one

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was speaking for myself, after being ambushed by the camera crew, and not for the business. The owner didn't know the crew was coming, nor did I. The question was asked about my opinion and I answered with my opinion.
The TV didn't give the parts about my opinion that folks should, within limits, be allowed to carry a firearm to defend themselves and others against criminals and the assorted crazy.
I don't address 2A rights but I do 1A rights. Those have been thoroughly hashed over during the last two days of ranting and discussing on this thread.
We get caught by cameras occasionally, and anyone who has worked in the public view can testify to that. Opinions are like body parts, everyone has them, some offend others.
As for the chat, ass-eating, discussion of business policy, those have already happened. The funny thing about this is that Fox came into the business a couple of weeks ago for the same interview. They talked to a couple of customers, myself and shot video of someone buying a black gun. The same answers were given and nothing happened.
Those of you who know me, I have served my time dealing with the folks we are trying to protect ourselves from, and that my skills and mindset are the type most would want around should something bad happen.
So, for the short story, sorry to have offended those who think we are anti anything at HO. The only thing that offends us are the rude, the ceiling shooters and the price of everything.

Oh, I forgot. The one post that said I was one who thought only cops should carry. A majority of them can't shoot that well, so no, that's not what I think.
have a good one

:bighug: Thanks for the clarification Cleo. The guys over on Ar15.com's OKlahoma Thread have been wanting to hear from you too.

See you Sunday night at the match. I personally appreciate the heck out of Heartland Outdoors for letting us use the range for our matches. I also appreciate the employees such as yourself that stay late so we can be there.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score

have a good one

Looks like I was right...

I would assume that the owner had no idea his employee was representing them. Maybe not...

Thanks for coming by and stating your side, even when you knew everyone had already crucified you.

Like I said in another post, the media is good at twisting and misrepresenting people when it suits them.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

have a good one

So Heartland hates cops, too?

:P

Welcome to OSA, stick around and chat a little!

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I'm closing this down.

We can discuss Open Carry elsewhere.

I think I will change the title of the thread too, to something not so misleading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom