Metal Detecting - today was a good day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought this at a garage sale this past spring before going to Colorado for a few weeks. I used it every where we went, when we stopped and such. Found a lot of coins. It may be a cheapie? I don’t know. But it worked. I used it to find a buddy’s special bolt for his mower he lost in the grass and couldn’t find.

9E8192B7-A29A-4116-A715-223D5B3E9CA4.jpeg

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need to dig mine out of its hiding place in the man cave. I traded for it on a whim, used it (tried to). I found some junk in the back yard, but never got the hang of it.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The path to the old outhouse was a great location too. Even the floor under the outhouse if it is gone. If you have an old house find a really old tree or fence post you can see from the bedroom. Usually people didn't use banks but Mason jars and tobacco tins were plentiful.

I looked for a good outhouse for years. Took a few years of research but found the old Champion Mine in Montana. Guess I wasn’t the only one that was looking too. Remnants of outhouses, old mine structures, old cabin remains, even found what was probably the main street for the town that sprang up. Eight hours of detecting netted about 20 wheat pennies from the early 1900’s and 1 silver dime plus some neat relics.
6F4CBB08-7B27-44A5-99E4-152402374310.jpeg
308E7F44-08BB-4ECB-AC51-06BD49986269.jpeg
8A40A2E1-134F-46E3-A18F-8D76FAA471F9.jpeg
Someone had already dug up the outhouse pits and I suspect had hit everything else pretty hard. It was a great adventure.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still haven't tried my hand at it. Considered it several times, but never turned loose of the coin to buy one. And ... it's not like I need another hobby! I can just hear the wifey now ... 'and, where are you gonna' keep that?' ' and, what are you gonna' do with that?' and "WHY???????"

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still haven't tried my hand at it. Considered it several times, but never turned loose of the coin to buy one. And ... it's not like I need another hobby! I can just hear the wifey now ... 'and, where are you gonna' keep that?' ' and, what are you gonna' do with that?' and "WHY???????"
It's the only hobby that pays for itself.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to dig mine out of its hiding place in the man cave. I traded for it on a whim, used it (tried to). I found some junk in the back yard, but never got the hang of it.
You may already know this, but you need to sweep the head side to side. Movement over an artifact registers a greater difference from the previous area than slowly moving forward.
:drunk2:

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You may already know this, but you need to sweep the head side to side. Movement over an artifact registers a greater difference from the previous area than slowly moving forward.
:drunk2:

That much I know.

Whatchagot?

I’ll have to dig it out and see. It hasn’t seen daylight in a while.

Latest posts

Top Bottom