Meth Much? Woman slips out of cuffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Women are reported to frequently slip cuffs because of their smaller hands. Plus if she's meth'd out, perhaps breaking her own hands isn't out of the realm of possibility. It was also reported/described that many police cruisers are not equipped with proper custom fitted cages. Sometimes cages are recycled from older cruisers which don't really fit the dimensions of newer designs. As for the rifle...

I know a guy from another board who used to do all the equipment/electrical installation/repairs on metro cruiser units. He described the 2-button release system which he always installed....and it was his best guess that the release system was installed by less than qualified individuals who set it up off of a single switch AND labeled the dang thing.
Truer words were never spoken! Great Post!

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have lots of questions about this. The video shows 3 different patrol vehicles. A dodge car, A dodge suv and a chevrolet tahoe. Which was it? The dodge suv had some damage around the left rear glass was it in a wreck? The hand cuff that she slipped her right hand out of was to loose, and was it double locked? The video did not show a cage between the front and rear seat. Why a visible release in plain sight for the AR? If she was a mental case why cuff her, that was against how I was trained. She acted like a meth freak in her movements. Should have been handled differently.
Yup, there are a lot of questions, but that's true with any information we get via the 'news. I agree with you about why the button was marked and apparently so does the sheriff who said they are, not only removing the tags, but also considering relocating the buttons in their patrol vehicles. Although it's obvious why it's done, identifying the rifle release button is just asking for trouble IMHO. I got a hand me down patrol vehicle once that had the button marked, the first thing I did was remove the tag.

I am curious about why you are questioning if the cuffs were double locked though since double locking handcuffs only prevents them from tightening up, not loosening, Finally, I learned a long time ago to never question the actions others took at a scene I wasn't actually present at. All you have to go by is what you saw on the news or what you heard. You weren't there, you have no idea what the deputies on scene did or where dealing with so implying they did something wrong is no different than those who judge our actions based off of some YouTube video.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have not seen any "defund the police" efforts at the Grady County Sheriff's office have you?
They don't need to have anyone call for them to be defunded, it comes with the turf. With the exception of very large agencies, like Harris County in Houston or the LA County Sheriff for example, every sheriff's office I've ever known is extremely underfunded. Deputies in rural areas are underpaid and have very poor equipment even compared to many small town PD's in their jurisdiction. That's why many rural sheriff's offices only serve as training grounds for people coming out of the academy. They get a job, get some time on the road and move on to an agency with better pay, equipment and benefits at their first opportunity.

Last edited:

Cowboy777

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is all bad. Two things that jump out at me.
1. Officers reaction to being shot at. The first deputy held on to that piece of paper and rag way too long, never pulled his firearm.…
2. That AR had a pistol brace. I’ve seen multiple Depts in smaller counties with deputies running pistol brace ARs instead of SBRs lately. Probably a funding issue but I find it ironic considering how much the federal govt is trying to come after these braces.

Scooter479

Marksman
Reaction score
Women are reported to frequently slip cuffs because of their smaller hands. Plus if she's meth'd out, perhaps breaking her own hands isn't out of the realm of possibility. It was also reported/described that many police cruisers are not equipped with proper custom fitted cages. Sometimes cages are recycled from older cruisers which don't really fit the dimensions of newer designs. As for the rifle...

I know a guy from another board who used to do all the equipment/electrical installation/repairs on metro cruiser units. He described the 2-button release system which he always installed....and it was his best guess that the release system was installed by less than qualified individuals who set it up off of a single switch AND labeled the dang thing.
Agree, could have been poor installation. I always had my team use flex cuffs on people with small wrists.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve seen petite women whose wrists were so small that even at the smallest locking position of the cuffs, they could still slip the cuffs off of their wrists. When I went through the academy they taught us in these cases to use flex cuffs or cuff above the elbows.

From watching the video, it looked like the divider did not fit the vehicle properly. It’s also not the first time a suspect was able to breach the divider.

Did anyone else notice that when she was shooting, the rifle had a brace instead of a stock? The first I’ve ever seen in a police vehicle. Possibly the reason she got it out of the mount. The mount would be made for a stock, not a brace.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve seen petite women whose wrists were so small that even at the smallest locking position of the cuffs, they could still slip the cuffs off of their wrists. When I went through the academy they taught us in these cases to use flex cuffs or cuff above the elbows.

From watching the video, it looked like the divider did not fit the vehicle properly. It’s also not the first time a suspect was able to breach the divider.

Did anyone else notice that when she was shooting, the rifle had a brace instead of a stock? The first I’ve ever seen in a police vehicle. Possibly the reason she got it out of the mount. The mount would be made for a stock, not a brace.
I'm not saying this is the case here, BUT since budgets don't allow many small agencies to purchase all the equipment they want, some let their deputies buy their own and carry it once they have qualified with it. That could be why the rifle has a brace and not a stock. Just a WAG

Cowboy777

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not saying this is the case here, BUT since budgets don't allow many small agencies to purchase all the equipment they want, some let their deputies buy their own and carry it once they have qualified with it. That could be why the rifle has a brace and not a stock. Just a WAG
I’ve seen multiple small departments utilizing braces.

Sergeant’s rifle in rogers county.
1661111408669.jpeg

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve seen multiple small departments utilizing braces.

Sergeant’s rifle in rogers county.
View attachment 296278
Were they issued to the officers by the small departments you've seen? Is the sergeant a member of SOT who many times are allowed to carry weapons not issued to regular patrol? I'm not being critical of what you said or doubting that it's true, just wondering if you know the specifics since a lot of variables can come into play.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom