Mini 14 magazine issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is okay, a lot of guys here have the same mental issue. Admitting you have a problem is the first step to a cure. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
So when are you going to admit to your problems? You know you are want to go to the dark side and have an AR. You are just having a hard time admitting it. We are here for you to help you get through this. 👍😎

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prepare for glory!!!...... Expect agony!!
I am a huge fan of the M1/M14 weapon system. Matter of fact my last job in the Corps was building the M-14 for the Service rifle teams. I really tried to like the Mini-14, but I can't! Nothing that worked to make M1/M14 accurate works on the Mini. They are finicky on the best of days and down right unreliable on most, even with Ruger mags. I would bet that none of the 55 gr. ball, 69 grain Federal match, nor the Mark 262 Mod 1 ammo you have tried grouped well, nor did any of it feed better than anything else you tried. Take heart! It isn't your eye sight that is messing up it's the Mini!

I know you don't like the AR-15, neither did I. I thought they were worse than Satan in church! Then I started playing with them. As it stands right now I would take a parts built AR over any Mini, and this coming from a guy who still would take a M-14 over any other rifle in the world.... As long as I build it, or Ron Smith or Clint McKey.
Supposedly the newer Mini 14s are not as bad. They have bigger tapered barrels up to the gas block. All new tooling that is used to make them. I’ve no experience but that’s what I’ve heard. I like mine but she is definitely minute of bucket.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So when are you going to admit to your problems? You know you are want to go to the dark side and have an AR. You are just having a hard time admitting it. We are here for you to help you get through this. 👍😎
Oh I admit I have a problem. My problem is people keep trying to talk me into getting an AR. Even my wife has got in on the act. I just throw up and go on. :puke:

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve fired thousands & thousands & thousands of rounds thru my mini 14’s and I’ve never had a ftf or fte. My experience is opposite. The things throw brass all over hell and half of Georgia. I’ve never used anything but a steel Ruger mag or the 5 round plastic jobby for hunting.

Those things will eat anything and I mean anything, including a bunch of crappy steel case crap from I don’t even remember where. If my AR won’t shoot it, those mini 14’s will.

I guess I just don’t understand why you’re still dickin’ with this after this long and this many folks telling you the pro mags are garbage. Good Lord man, unless you just love misery why wouldn’t you have moved on weeks ago?

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Supposedly the newer Mini 14s are not as bad. They have bigger tapered barrels up to the gas block. All new tooling that is used to make them. I’ve no experience but that’s what I’ve heard. I like mine but she is definitely minute of bucket.

Even my newer one is only good for about 4-5 rounds before it starts spitting bullets. The old 181 model starts spitting about round 3. The 580 series is more MOC(oyote).

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve fired thousands & thousands & thousands of rounds thru my mini 14’s and I’ve never had a ftf or fte. My experience is opposite. The things throw brass all over hell and half of Georgia. I’ve never used anything but a steel Ruger mag or the 5 round plastic jobby for hunting.

Those things will eat anything and I mean anything, including a bunch of crappy steel case crap from I don’t even remember where. If my AR won’t shoot it, those mini 14’s will.

I guess I just don’t understand why you’re still dickin’ with this after this long and this many folks telling you the pro mags are garbage. Good Lord man, unless you just love misery why wouldn’t you have moved on weeks ago?
You guys buy a bunch of 30rd Ruger mags and I will use them. Until then get off my back about what I can afford.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even my newer one is only good for about 4-5 rounds before it starts spitting bullets. The old 181 model starts spitting about round 3. The 580 series is more MOC(oyote).
Well that sucks. Thought they were supposed to be more accurate. They do have that 80s A Team cool factor. Probably were I got my fascination of them. Be nice if Ruger could make them tack drivers instead of minute of pie plate.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First step to a cure would be sell that mini to a fan boy and get an accurate and reliable rifle. Doesn't have to be an AR, just has to be a non mini! 😁
Bite me!
Guys I hate the AR platform and last time I checked this was a free country. You guys shoot what you want and get off my a$$ about what I want. When you see two buddies shot because their POS M-16s jammed then you can tell me about it.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well that sucks. Thought they were supposed to be more accurate. They do have that 80s A Team cool factor. Probably were I got my fascination of them. Be nice if Ruger could make them tack drivers instead of minute of pie plate.
They are fighting rifles, not target rifles. If they will put them all in the chest of a man sized target at combat ranges why does anything else matter?

Latest posts

Top Bottom