Missed the Air Show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We went yesterday at about 10am. We waited an hour in the car line to get to a parking spot. Then we got to the line for security. It was 3 1/2 hours.

We left. They really need to either do something to make that security check more efficient, limit tickets or actually charge for tickets.

The entry is an unacceptable shitshow.

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We went yesterday at about 10am. We waited an hour in the car line to get to a parking spot. Then we got to the line for security. It was 3 1/2 hours.

We left. They really need to either do something to make that security check more efficient, limit tickets or actually charge for tickets.

The entry is an unacceptable shitshow.
After reading that I’m glad we chose to stay home and just watch the live feed. I haven’t been to one since I was a kid and had thought it would be a fun activity this weekend but after seeing the crowd and it the fact that there is zero shade out there we decided we would stay home today also.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was good, real good. They made up for not having it for a few years. The Tora, Tora, Tora show was awesome, I'd seen it before back when my dad took me when I was 14 and it was called "The Confederate Air Force". Surprised they let the public get as close as they did to the F-22, F-35 and B-2.
P-40.jpg
F-22.jpg

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was good, real good. They made up for not having it for a few years. The Tora, Tora, Tora show was awesome, I'd seen it before back when my dad took me when I was 14 and it was called "The Confederate Air Force". Surprised they let the public get as close as they did to the F-22, F-35 and B-2.
View attachment 389602View attachment 389603
I remember when the F-117 Stealth was roped off and guarded by armed AP's and no one was allowed toward the backside of the plane.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We went fairly early and the wait was not that bad. I expect it at a big show. Seeing it on video is just not the same as being on the line, when they kick the burners in you can hear and feel it in your gut. It's like a rock concert, I've got lots of concert vids but it not the same as being there. And getting to check out planes up close you won't find any where else.
f35.jpg

B2.jpg

f22.jpg

b1.jpg

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We went yesterday and parked in the old GM lot. Rode the shuttle to the show. Stayed a few hours, watched most of the air events and browsed the ground displays. Pearl Harbor was a good show and surprised my kids with the “bombs” going off. Left shortly before the F-35s flew but saw them from the parking lot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom