Model 642 J frame question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep a SW 60 in a Uncle Milke's #3 ... front pocket ...99% of my waking hours.

If I can dress around a belt gun.... I go to a bigger gun and the 60 stays in the pocket anyway. Every now and then the J frame gets carried on the belt (suits, sportcoats) ... Densantis speed scabbard....but that situation happens about 5 times a year, tops.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I keep a SW 60 in a Uncle Milke's #3 ... front pocket ...99% of my waking hours.

If I can dress around a belt gun.... I go to a bigger gun and the 60 stays in the pocket anyway. Every now and then the J frame gets carried on the belt (suits, sportcoats) ... Densantis speed scabbard....but that situation happens about 5 times a year, tops.

When I retired from the US Army, I swore at that time, unless its someone's funeral, I'll never wear another suit. So far I've been lucky

Stingray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't understand the arguments that a J frame is too large for pocket carry. I regularly carry an airweight K frame in my front pocket. It's a much larger gun and fits just fine, at least in my experience.

-S

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a little embarrassed because I am a self-proclaimed holster snob. However, for the last few months when I pocket carry my 642 it is in this POC nylon holster that used to have a plastic belt clip on it that I cut off. I think it might be a Blackhawk. If it cost $10 I would be surprised

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_P7140023.jpg

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

I really don't understand IWB and J-Frame since my J-Frame fits and conceals so well in the pocket. If I am going to IWB, it will be a Glock 19.

Thanks,

Alan

Holster draw is much faster and less chance to snag on something, at least for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom