Model 642 J frame question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can pull a 642 just as fast from my pocket as someone from a holster on the hip... especially because I can walk around with my hands in my pocket and nobody would think twice about it. For me a J frame is made for pocket carry. But you will have to figure out what works for you....hell get a IWB holster and a Pocket Holster....Pocket Holsters are cheap....

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a pocket holster for my 642 coming from RKBA (love the name). It is just like this except it is brown. It is contoured to the shape of your leg (not ambidextrious) I will post a full review when I get it

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_rkba1.jpg

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_rkba2.jpg

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hi,

I really don't understand IWB and J-Frame since my J-Frame fits and conceals so well in the pocket. If I am going to IWB, it will be a Glock 19.

Thanks,

Alan

Alan, Its like this, most of us are sitting more than standing, so IWB is a better option while sitting as to pocket carry. Drawing from a pocket is very fast if your up walking around. If your seated and can't get up quickly, your IWB or OWB is your first option, unless its winter time and you have your J-frame in your coat pocket.

Latest posts

Top Bottom