Money Orders to buy from Armslist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Halloran

New to the site!
Reaction score
He's still at it. bulletproof007 is "selling" a Tavor on gunlistusa.com. Shows his location as Scottsbluff, NE, but in an email, he said he's in NC. Another guy who goes by hkngangs01 claims to have a Tavor for sale in Colorado, but on Armslist, he's in Corpus Christi, TX, which he refers to as "Christi". Having lived in Texas most of my life, everyone refers to it as Corpus, not Christi.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I find that if an armslist ad just says OKLAHOMA with no specific city it generally is a scam.
Also, there are NO GOOD DEALS TO BE HAD ON ARMSLIST ANYMORE. If you see a good deal. IT'S A SCAM.

Milspec12

New to the site!
Reaction score
Exactly. Scammer. What's his email so everyone else can look out for it? Or ask for his phone number and call and talk to him.

His name is Rodney Stephan and he's scammed lots of people. The numbers he uses are 405-445-6706 and 405-259-6706. He claims to live in Duncan, OK. The Duncan police won't do anything about him. He continues to list guns and rip people off. He uses the email address of [email protected]. If you've been ripped off by this guy report him to the Internet crimes site and the IRS. If you sent him a money order report him to the post master. The guy is a thief.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We need to figure out a way to have some fun with this guy - so, ideas?

We gotta come up with something. I had a scammer on the hook about a year ago with the whole "I'll send you $1,000 for your $300 item, just send me back the balance" deal. Told him I would only do it if he fed-exed the check overnight. Next day, I tell him I didn't get it and that he needs to send it again and that I would only hold the item for one more day.

Did this 5 times - got a check each time. If course, I verified with the bank that it was supposedly drawn on that it was a fake. They actually sent me prepaid envelopes to send them the checks that came through. fedex got paid each time for an overnight letter, he had to pay someone to make the checks (which actually looked pretty good, I must say) and I managed to keep him on the hook for an entire week. It was fun and felt good to turn the tables on a scammer (who was in Nigeria, BTW)

In the end, this dude was so pissed off he started cussing me in his own language over E-mail. I about fell out my chair laughing so hard!!

I have managed a couple of very good deals on Armslist, so don't totally knock it (it just has to be FTF or done with escrow as has been mentioned). Just be sure of what and who you are dealing with. I've sent a full ammo box of .308 ammo, a scope and several other items as far away as California with no issues whatsoever. I've also bought several firearms via armslist, but you have to know what you're looking at.

I had a guy try and sell me a Mosin with a sewer for a bore for $400 saying it was a PU Sniper. None of the numbers matched, screws were wrong and it was a strike-through. He was pissed when I called him on it when we met. Turns out he didn't know what he had either so I spent some time educating him on what kind of Mosin he REALLY had and in the end he was fairly nice about things. I offered him a decent price for it, but he felt really bad and opted to just keep it. Turns out he'd paid way too much for it himself.

Milspec12

New to the site!
Reaction score
Ask to do it FTF at the FFL. If they won't, then step aside. Don't send the money blindly ever, you work to hard for it. Armslist may say Edmond, he may say Edmond but that might not be true. I've always thought FTF at the FFL is the best, everyone gets a little check of their character and you can feel good about the purchase.

It's probably a guy named Rodney Stephan. He lives in Duncan, OK. If that's the real address. He scams lots of people. His thing is to list guns in demand at low prices. He has you send the money via UPS or Fedex so he thinks he can avoid investigation by the Post Master. Yes I got greedy and got burned by him. If you've been burned report him to everyone you can think of.

Latest posts

Top Bottom