Motorcycle safety class??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crusader8207

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Rider's Edge is also a MSF based course with "Harley Davidonisms" thrown in. They use Buell Blasts as their training motorcycles. The class is good if you want to drink the koolaid. (I should know, I used to teach it). The Tulsa Tec class is taught by the guys who own K&N motorcycles. It too is a MSF based course. The motorcycles they use are all 250cc bikes. Most of them are donated by the local motorcycle shops. The Tulsa Tec class will be Saturday and Sunday and cost arounf $250 I believe where the Rider's Edge class is close to $400 (or more) and is a Thursday night, Friday night, Saturday, Sunday, and back on the following Tuesday for "graduation". Both classes cover the same materials, except the Rider's Edge gives you time to roam the store to buy stuff that you will need (sic) for the class. If it were my money, I'd take the Tulsa Tec class. If you need the warm and fuzzies from the HD dealership go there.

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I highly recommend the TJC MSF course. It's $250 and you can take it either T-F during the week or Sat/Sun on a weekend. Really great course, saves you on insurance, and eliminates your riding part of the endorsement test. They had Yamaha, Suzuki and Honda bikes in 250. Both cruisers and hybrid style. They try to match you up to the style of bike you'll be riding aside form crotch rockets.

The test is good and closely aligns with the DMV test. it's a much better class then any CCW class. This has meat on the bone! Highly recommend. The Harley class is so much more because they refund it to you if you buy a Harley.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That sounds decent. Older ones I assume?
no they were pretty new just beat up a little bit from all the newbs. They take off the mirrors because there is no need for them and they usually dont take spills well. Kinda odd if you are used to them being there. I do highly recommend bringing you own helmet and gloves even though they say that they can provide a set

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took the evening class from Tulsa Tech. I think it was worth the money. Nothing like being schooled on riding a motorcycle by a guy that only has the use of one arm. Plus, if you pass the course then you don't have to take the driving portion of the exam at the DMV.

As mentioned above the owners of K&N Motorcycles teach the class. Interesting to note that their dad started the first Yamaha dealership in the US and was a co-developer of the K&N air filter.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
no they were pretty new just beat up a little bit from all the newbs. They take off the mirrors because there is no need for them and they usually dont take spills well. Kinda odd if you are used to them being there. I do highly recommend bringing you own helmet and gloves even though they say that they can provide a set

Also, a good pair of boots which are also required. There was a student that slipped into a pair of tennis shoes before one of the riding exercises, I was about 20ft from him when he laid his bike down while riding. He was lucky that he only strained his ankle and didn't end up with a broken leg/ankle/foot.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Rider's Edge is also a MSF based course with "Harley Davidonisms" thrown in. They use Buell Blasts as their training motorcycles. The class is good if you want to drink the koolaid. (I should know, I used to teach it). The Tulsa Tec class is taught by the guys who own K&N motorcycles. It too is a MSF based course. The motorcycles they use are all 250cc bikes. Most of them are donated by the local motorcycle shops. The Tulsa Tec class will be Saturday and Sunday and cost arounf $250 I believe where the Rider's Edge class is close to $400 (or more) and is a Thursday night, Friday night, Saturday, Sunday, and back on the following Tuesday for "graduation". Both classes cover the same materials, except the Rider's Edge gives you time to roam the store to buy stuff that you will need (sic) for the class. If it were my money, I'd take the Tulsa Tec class. If you need the warm and fuzzies from the HD dealership go there.

Enjoyed this post! I would enjoy meeting someone who shelled out extra money to take a Harley-infused MSF course so I could spend an honest 40 hour work week (with possible overtime) ridiculing them. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom