Movies to Help Pass the Time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Want your mind blown? Watch 2001 A Space Odyssey and try to understand the ending.
2010 The YearWe Make Contact is a much better movie and kinda explains the first one.
It is based on Arthur C. Clark's novel 2010 Odyssey Two.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Want your mind blown? Watch 2001 A Space Odyssey and try to understand the ending.
2010 The YearWe Make Contact is a much better movie and kinda explains the first one.
It is based on Arthur C. Clark's novel 2010 Odyssey Two.
This is my take on 2001::puke:

Talk about films that are unwatchable, I'll put 2001: A Space Odyssey in that category. I know, I know, it was artsy-fartsy to beat hell, one of Kubrick's best films and all that, but to me, it was a dull plodding monstrosity. In this pointless film, Kubrick was a pure 'Toscanini of tedium', to use Vincent Bugliosi's apt phrase.

I had heard such good things about this film, how utterly brilliant it was, how profound, how Kubrick had achieved the pinnacle of the art of film making. So when I saw the DVD in WalMart I bought it, expecting to see a masterpiece. I put it in my DVD player and immediately thought that something was wrong with the disc. I went on IMDb and found out that, no; my DVD was fine and the posters there urged me to continue the movie, that I was about to really enjoy a lofty cinematic experience. Yeah, right.

I had to struggle through this disaster. I had to watch it stages because otherwise, I'd have been bored to tears. I was anyway.

When I told the folks on IMDb how I felt, I was immediately denounced as a troll, on the grounds that this, and another Kubrick film I said that I didn't like, were such fine films that everyone had to like them. That seemed to be the gist of their reasoning, anyway.

Toscanini of tedium; it fits. Thank God, all I was out was $3.78 + tax.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't read all the post's, so if this has been posted sorry. I just started watching Memorial Day on Prime, I'm about 20min in it and it is shaping up to be a Doozy.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't read all the post's, so if this has been posted sorry. I just started watching Memorial Day on Prime, I'm about 20min in it and it is shaping up to be a Doozy.
Which version?

I'm guessing it's the 2012 version. The other two are rated pretty low.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Star Trek....just saying. Content to keep you occupied for weeks on end, and 95% of it is pretty good.

Just finished 'The Highwaymen' on Netflix. Pretty cool flick about the Texas Ranger investigation and eventual shootout with Bonnie and Clyde (although it was more of a firing squad than a shootout). Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson.

Latest posts

Top Bottom