Movies to Help Pass the Time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
We watched the 2nd equalizer last night. You're right, the first was better, but still both were worth watching.

We just watched a new one called "Underwater". Pretty freaky deep sea horror movie. I liked it. Some cute girls in skimpy clothes in it, too, but not gratuitous enough to get me in trouble with The Wife. lol

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I felt where the second one fell short mostly was, the villains were not nearly as intimidating, and the "victim" was not nearly as sympathetic.

But I'll watch about anything with Denzel.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GRIT just played "The War Wagon" and now "She Wore A Yellow Ribbon" is on.
I thought about staying up to finish She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, but 1am(!) was way too late, so I'm making up for it by watching Rio Grande.

Strange to think that the young man who is singing so beautifully is none other than Ken Curtis, better known as that old wolfer Festus Haggen...

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Searchers, the classic western with John Wayne, directed by John Ford.
The Grapes of Wrath, another visually stunning John Ford picture, with cinematography by Gregg Toland.
Casablanca. Bogart and Bergman and "As time goes by".
The Blues Brothers.
Some great music and the best car chase scenes ever filmed, save for Bullitt.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Sherlock Holmes series put out by Granada TV in the UK are excellent. The late Jeremy Brett is the best Holmes I have seen, and they follow the original stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle reasonably well. Many of them are on youtube.

I'd like to add The Bridge on the River Kwai, and A Bridge Too Far to the list.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This classic silent film was almost lost to us as all copies were ordered destroyed due to copyright issues. It seems that the producers in Germany neglected to get the necessary permission from the widow of Bram Stoker, Dracula's author but this one was spared. It is now in the public domain.

I hope you like it.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
This oughta keep me busy. 52 movies on three discs!
57F6571E-C888-4EB5-A168-6EC4A8BAE561.jpeg

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought about staying up to finish She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, but 1am(!) was way too late, so I'm making up for it by watching Rio Grande.

Strange to think that the young man who is singing so beautifully is none other than Ken Curtis, better known as that old wolfer Festus Haggen...
He was a member of The Sons of the Pioneers with Roy Rogers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom