Must do's in Colorado

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go see Bishop's Castle over near Rye. Hand built from rock picked up along the highway. The guy is different for sure. www.bishopcastle.org

When your done, swing down south of Westcliffe to Mission Wolf (wolf rescue organization). Started by an architect that went off the grid to care for abandoned/abused wolf and wolf hybrids.
www.missionwolf.org

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you press up north a ways, Rocky Mountain Ntnl Park is beautiful. I went in October, which was too late in all honesty, and it was still impressive. It's supposed to be great in the summer. It's NW of Boulder by an hour or so. Estes Park is the closest town if you want to check the distance. They have some nice condos up there if you stay the night.

We used to go there and rent a cabin for several weeks at a time.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with TM's route, made the trip many times. Prison Museum in Canon City, if it was me, I'd get hooked up on a whitewater rafting trip...there are plenty with guides, and different levels of difficulty, ranging from smooth water to "expert" rapids.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go see Bishop's Castle over near Rye. Hand built from rock picked up along the highway. The guy is different for sure. www.bishopcastle.org

When your done, swing down south of Westcliffe to Mission Wolf (wolf rescue organization). Started by an architect that went off the grid to care for abandoned/abused wolf and wolf hybrids.
www.missionwolf.org

I forgot about Bishop's castle - met that dude a few years ago, kids climbed to the top tower. Cool guy, maybe just a shade anti-gov...

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

www.missionwolf.org

I forgot about Bishop's castle - met that dude a few years ago, kids climbed to the top tower. Cool guy, maybe just a shade anti-gov...

I'd say he is MORE than "just a shade" anti-gov...

...when I was near him a few years ago, he was raving.

Preview of Bishop's Castle - See pictures down towards bottom of page.

Unless you just have to see this place, I'd skip it because there isn't really anything else to see except possibly more country and wildlife in that area.

Latest posts

Top Bottom