Hot springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SRB

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Takeing a little road trip tomorrow from mcalester to hot springs Arkansas.
Can make it last for a few days.
What’s some things there or along the way to see or do? Plan on going through mena
Thanks.

TwoNumbThumbs

Marksman
Reaction score
Stay safe, Hot Springs is kind of rough nowadays. Wife and I were there about a month ago. We were really impressed with The Pancake Shop for breakfast, and 501 Prime if you’re looking for a fancy steakhouse. There’s tons of historical stuff in the area. And the Talimena Scenic Byway is a beautiful drive, highly recommended.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go to Hot Springs Off Road Park and rent a side by side and go on their guided tour. It's about 2 - 2 1/2 hours or so. Lots of fun.

If you are taking a significant other along, book a private bath and salon day at Quapaw baths & spa and earn some brownie points (plus, dang it, it's relaxing)

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I installed the fire alarm at the bank in Mena where Barry Seal lived. The movie called, American Made,
was filmed there. Another bank in Camden for two weeks for the fire alarm there.

Drive over to Camden for a 1 inch thick pork chop so big you cannot eat it all.

It's called the Sand Bar and is a local eatery with great food and beer and friendly people.

I've had the Flounder, the Crab Legs, the Frog Legs, and the 16 ounce porkchop.

1689556459401.png

1689556303774.png

1689556747808.png

I know it doesn't look like much but it has very good food.

From Hot Springs it's only about 1 hour 45 minutes.

SRB

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I installed the fire alarm at the bank in Mena where Barry Seal lived. The movie called, American Made,
was filmed there. Another bank in Camden for two weeks for the fire alarm there.

Drive over to Camden for a 1 inch thick pork chop so big you cannot eat it all.

It's called the Sand Bar and is a local eatery with great food and beer and friendly people.

I've had the Flounder, the Crab Legs, the Frog Legs, and the 16 ounce porkchop.

View attachment 393740
View attachment 393739
View attachment 393742
I know it doesn't look like much but it has very good food.

From Hot Springs it's only about 1 hour 45 minutes.
Will do.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Aunt has a place on Lake Hamilton so we go a couple times each Summer. Going again in a couple of weeks but we mostly just live on the lake. Fishermans Wharf and bubbas are great and both have boat docks to pull up into.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whatever you do, don’t go to the airport in Mena. You don’t want to run into any Clintoon activities, lest you get Arkancided.

Other than that, have fun. There’s a great gelato place in Hot Springs, but can’t remember the name. ETA: Dolce Gelato.

Latest posts

Top Bottom