Mw3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bf3 > mw3

I haven't played MW3 but BF3 is pretty fun and will be hard to beat.

You got a copy that worked? I had it freeze up during the campaign and it only counted the first 45 minutes of play on MP. I really wanted to like it, but it's like the '70 Cougar I used to own. It got a lot of compliments for the way it looked, but it ran like crap most of the time. MW3 actually plays as advertised on the first night straight out of box.

I haven't had any problems with my copy.

I have not had any problems whatsoever with it except for getting owned for not buying the game when it came out. I had to build up my weapons to the level of others to really start competing.

My main complaint on BF3 is the sniping is messed up with flashlight-bright reflective scopes and what looks to be tracer rounds shot out of my rifles.

I agree about the flash of the scopes. However, I do think its cool that BF3 actually uses ballistics on their rifles. For example, if you're a sniper and you're making a long shot, you have to worry about bullet drop. I was playing one night and had a long shot and had to use the 2-3 mil dot to make the shot! On top of that, if you have a suppressor it affects bullet drop ever more. Kind of cool, they added some real world physics to it. Plus the destructive environment is nice. You can use a tank to blow a hole in a side of the building where a sniper is hiding.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So what is everyone's opinion of MW3 now that it has been out? I asked for it for Christmas from my in-laws since they won't buy me gun related stuff, they will buy me gun related video games, and dress shirts.

Sheepdog380

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Highjack. I love my BF3. So so much better than MW. I haven't had any problems besides I'm sure the punks that are always killing me are more than likely 12 to 14 years old. Only thing that kills me quicker than that is when I try to fly those d@mn helicopters, but I want to fly them so bad. Only down with MW if there are zombies.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BF3 vs MW3 is as retarded as Ford vs Chevy, Glock/plastics vs 1911/steel, etc.

Buy both, enjoy both. Battlefield is great for realism, which I thoroughly enjoy when I'm in the mood for it. Sometimes I want something that feels a bit more video gamey and arcadish, so I play Call of Duty. I enjoy getting unrealistic killstreaks and blowing over the enemies in CoD but then I enjoy the physics and environment of BF. I definitely play CoD more than I do BF, but taking away nothing from BF, I prefer the arcade aspect of CoD. And for those who say MW3 = MW2.5 while praising BF3 are idiots, because it's just as guilty as being BF2.5.

I'm yet to check out MW3 and won't be able to for a while, but I'm excited to get in and get nasty.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to say, though, I've been pretty disappointed with the last few FPSs I've played. They're good and all, but way too short, not enough replayability to keep my interest (no diverging story lines, etc.) and so obviously geared toward multiplayer online play it's ridiculous. Paid $60 for BF3, had it beat in less than probably 10-12 hours of playtime and don't have a lot of drive to go back and play it again.

I don't do Live, so I'm kinda bummed. I might give it a try sometime, but I just don't have the time to devote to playing hundreds of online hours to get good enough to compete with the college/highschool/kid community, so getting head-popped 50x in a row isn't exciting for me.

<edit> Also waiting for Assassin's Creed 4, one of my favorite franchises ever.

Latest posts

Top Bottom