My $1,015 chicken dinner tonight.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No cooking at the house tonight, and I am alone so I figured I would just go out and grab something quick. I stopped and got a chicken dinner for $15. I was at 149th and I-44 on my way home, at a stop sign, and a lady hit me while I was stopped there.

No injuries, and I honestly felt kind of bad for her. I’m guessing she was on her way home from work. Had nurses scrubs on. Probably just worked a long shift and was trying to get home.

Now I have $1000 deductible that I wasn’t planning on having to spend.

I finally made it home, and now I hope this cold chicken dinner tastes really good. It was freaking expensive!

61629B3B-A76D-4718-9784-2C5B09603717.jpeg

8C3A6F47-9E3F-498F-BDAA-1D5B0092AD99.jpeg

50EABD8C-E0BE-439F-9452-5FEFF57E78E9.jpeg

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wouldn’t the ladies insurance cover your damages so you aren’t out anything? Maybe I misunderstand insurance use.
It depends on how her insurance carrier handles it. If they're obstinate about it, you front your deductible and have your insurance carrier cover the repairs and pursue hers for recovery of the money (including getting your deductible back).

In a case like this, the other carrier will sometimes simply accept liability, in which case your insurance carrier doesn't get involved and you're not out the deductible.

ETA: the time a lady forgot where the parking lot ended and my lane began, I talked to my agent, and that's how he explained it (fronting the deductible), so I opened a claim with my carrier. Before we could do anything about it, I got a call from her carrier accepting liability, so I closed the claim and let her carrier pay the freight.

Last edited:

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I called and opened a claim. OKCPD called to let me know they have not yet been able to dispatch officer. It’s Friday night and I understand they are busy. I exchanged information with the lady and got my vehicle home. My insurance said they would be calling me, probably on Monday to ask questions for their investigation to determine liability. The fault was completely hers. I hate to sound so callous, because I feel bad for her, but it was her fault. Insurance told me that if I am found as not at fault, my deductible would be refunded. I would need to come up with it upfront, though, and they would reimburse me on the back end.

Only vehicle claim in 26 years. The process is new to me.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It depends on how her insurance carrier handles it. If they're obstinate about it, you front your deductible and have your insurance carrier cover the repairs and pursue hers for recovery of the money (including getting your deductible back).

In a case like this, the other carrier will sometimes simply accept liability, in which case your insurance carrier doesn't get involved and you're not out the deductible.

ETA: the time a lady forgot where the parking lot ended and my lane began, I talked to my agent, and that's how he explained it (fronting the deductible), so I opened a claim with my carrier. Before we could do anything about it, I got a call from her carrier accepting liability, so I closed the claim and let her carrier pay the freight.
Ok thanks! I’ve never been on the giving or receiving end of a two person wreck that resulted in damaged vehicles. I did roll a truck once but that was just 15yo me, the truck, a winding gravel road and a barb wire fence. I would’ve gladly paid money instead of the ass kicking I got from my dad.

Oh and yeah I had a border collie in the back of the truck. He returned home a couple days later. I think he was pissed at me too.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't want to speculate too much here, but it's looking like our old buddy thor didn't stop - that appears an awful lot like front end damage - thor, old buddy....is there something you are leaving out? :anyone:
I was at a dead stop, at the stop sign. She was coming off the offramp from the highway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom