My 18yr Old Brother Just Got Arrested...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mom and little brother live out in California so I hear from them about once a week. Just got word last night that he got arrested for petty theft at the mall while my mom went out of town for a day.

He has no record (well i guess now he does) but he has been a bit rebellious lately because of the whole teen thing. Im just not sure what to say to him or how to handle the situation. He just turned 18 and is now lock up in "big boy" jail.

What would you guys do or say to your younger bro if this happened?

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Man, are you stupid." Would be my first comment when I talked to him. Most people know by now that you hardly ever get away with a crime at the mall. Hopefully he gets out and does community service and can get the petty theft taken off his record after a few years.

DC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mom and little brother live out in California so I hear from them about once a week. Just got word last night that he got arrested for petty theft at the mall while my mom went out of town for a day.

He has no record (well i guess now he does) but he has been a bit rebellious lately because of the whole teen thing. Im just not sure what to say to him or how to handle the situation. He just turned 18 and is now lock up in "big boy" jail.

What would you guys do or say to your younger bro if this happened?
I did not contact my brother until he "experienced" the whole process. he learned what the consequences were and fortunately was not defiant about it. My son on the other hand decided, after some coaching, that the Navy might be a real good thing for a few years. One way or another you can only hope that they learn and that you can be as supportive as possible.

SoonerTactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll say to him what I had to say to mine.

"Brother, I love you and will always stand beside you, but I can't say that I'm surprised at the punishment and neither should you be. I will be praying for you that this will be a good turning point so you can finally get your life together and do the right thing.

Oh, and squat; don't bend over."

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Strangely enough, I myself was caught shoplifiting back when I was 17 years old. Taught me one helluva lesson! I didn't have to go to jail, but I'll never forget the look on my father's face when he came and picked me up at the police station.

Mom refused to come and get me. She said I could rot in jail as far as she was concerned.

Anyway...that little chapter in my life is what turned me around and kept me from moving on to "bigger" heists.

I also claim it to what made me wanna be a cop! :police2:

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea its kind of shocking when things like this hit close to home you know. But he is not a juvenile anymore so I hope this wakes him up

bashed1

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ditto what a previous poster said about maybe your little bro can do community service and get the charge dismissed so it doesn't show up on his record - 'cause now that he's 18, it's public record (most juvenile records on the other hand are sealed from public viewing). Hopefully he's learned a lesson by serving a little time in real jail. Best wishes to him and your entire family.

Latest posts

Top Bottom