My brother's killer has been recommended for parole

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you can find it in your heart, please take a moment of your time to write a letter to Governor Fallin and request that she deny the parole of ARLEY DUNCAN, DOC #133073.

This e-mail is to inform you of the result of the parole board review for the offender ARLEY DUNCAN, DOC #133073.

The offender has been recommended for parole.

The recommendation will be sent to the governor who will either grant or deny the offender's parole. If the offender is granted parole, you will be notified of the offender's release. If you wish to submit written comments, you may send a letter to: Office of the Governor / Attention: Parole Requests, 212 State Capitol, 2300 N. Lincoln Blvd. Oklahoma City, OK 73105. Please note: The governor's office is not required to keep confidential the information they receive from the public.

Duncan murdered my brother, George Ryan Taylor, on June 15th, 1983. At the time of his murder, my brother was an armed, uniformed Oklahoma City police officer. He had received a call from a friend asking him to come by her house to help her on his way home from work. Unknown to my brother, earlier in the day the woman’s estranged husband had come from Texas with the plan to shoot and kill both of them. She was a physician at Hillcrest Hospital and he had kidnapped her from work, taken her to her house, assaulted her, and then forced her to call George. When my brother stepped up on the porch, Duncan began firing from inside of the door. My brother was able to return fire to no avail as his wounds from the ambush were very serious. Duncan surrendered to Oklahoma City police officers at the scene. One of the bullets struck my brother's heart and he went through 50 Pints of AB Negative blood as he died in the operating room about two hours later.

As the details unfolded, our family discovered this was a well planned and pre-mediated murder. Duncan had purchased the murder weapon with intent of murder approximately one week earlier and then later purchased Teflon-coated bullets to assure his plans to kill. He then traveled several hours from where he was living in Texas to carry out his plan.

The event was, of course, devastating to my parents and family. I had one other brother who was also an Oklahoma City police officer at the time and we lived with constant fear of injury to one of them, but never anything like this! My parents were in such a state of emotional fragility that my siblings and I would not allow them to attend the preliminary hearing. After hearing the details of my brother’s assault and suffering we met with District Bob Macy and asked him to accept a plea bargain for life rather than subjecting my parents to a death penalty murder trial and series of appeals. Our goal was to protect them as victims so that they would not have to undergo any further suffering. Plea was accepted with a life sentence for the murder of my brother and concurrent sentences for kidnapping and assault to Duncan’s estranged wife.

Arley Duncan, DOC #133073, was placed on the Oklahoma Parole Docket the very first time after only serving 39 months of a LIFE sentence. Our family and friends were so outraged by this incident that we worked with the Oklahoma State legislature to create an additional punishment option of Life Without Parole. So now other families do not have to go through what we have gone through for the past 28years. This month is Arley Duncan's, DOC #133073, 7th time to be on the Parole Docket. He has already passed a Stage I hearing and this is the first time he has passed a Stage II hearing and will ge this named presented to the governor.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just wrote a quick little note as well, hope that it helps some. It sucks that you have to go through this.

I'm disgusted that they put this guy up for parole as what appeared to be a political move way back then and even the DA said that he should have been on death row for killing a police officer.

Not only that, he should have had extra charges for kidnapping and he did all of this in front of the woman's 2 year old daughter!

http://www.newsok.com/article/2032983?highlight=["ARLEY","DUNCAN"]

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will get a letter out as well...

I have a family member on the list of slain OCPD officers.. As he was not a brother.. I feel the pain that Bob Macy must feel for not making sure this guy was just removed from the earth.

I cant believe after what he did that there is ANY chance of parole..

Latest posts

Top Bottom