My dad is dying...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going through the same thing right now. My dad is 65 and was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer stage 4. There is no cure. The doctor told us my dad has a maximum of a year. I understand what you are going through and if you want to talk, I'm here. He started chemo and after the 3rd one, it hit him pretty hard. We're hoping he can make it to the warmer months so we can go fishing and get on the bikes for some rides. I try and keep a strong face on for him and my son and break down when I get away from them. The only thing we can hope for is God changes his mind and decides my dad isn't done here. My thoughts and prayers are wth you and keep the faith that God has the whole thing in his hands. If he decides to take him home, then he's done what God had planned for him to do. Hit me up if you need anything.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks brother, I appreciate it. :bighug:

I lost a fellow peace officer and my former chief to pancreatic cancer. Both of them were just a minute older than your dear daddy...like in their early 70s or so. Both of them were very dear friends of mine and men that had my total love and respect.

All we can do is love them and cherish them for as long as the good Lord allows us to and realize that when they leave this world they are in a better place.

My prayers to you and yours.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys and your families are all in my prayers.

Most of you "old guys" here know I have been estranged from my entire family for years, so I have only heard of deaths in my family well after the fact, and therefore didn't have to deal with caring for a sick love one (of course that means a lot of things were left unsaid also) but I feel you guys' pain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom