My New Motorcycle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I rode dirt bikes a lot when I was young but I still took the MSF course when I bought Black Betty (2002 Yamaha Roadstar) and it was definitely worth it.

If you don’t have pretty extensive dirt bike experience I would recommend both courses. Good information. Could save your life!

Enjoy the ride!

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys I just bought a new Honda VTX1300 Retro and have very limited riding experience. Has anyone had any experience with the MSF basic course? Is it worth the money or can I get the same stuff from just practice on my own? I'm leaning more toward taking the course unless you all tell me it is not worth the money.
Take the course. Well woth the price and will teach you the ways to avoid accidents and show you mechanics that go against what you think you know.
The way people pay zero attention driving today you need every bit of experience you can get.

Last edited:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Take the course. Well woth the price and will teach you the ways to avoid accidents and show you mechanics that go against what you think you know.
The way people pay zero attention the driving today you need every bit of experience you can get.
Lol hello necro post!!!!

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since it's alive...

How's that 1300cc Honda retro for a bike when considering the beginner MSF course, lol?

I took the MSF 3-4 months ago. I think it's time we'll spent and a good start.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beyond your MSF
Learn to ride slow and balance while creeping, even balance with feet on the pegs stationary if you can, anybody can drive fast. Learn the balance and turning radius and finesse braking and clutch/ throttle feel while seeing just how slow you can go.
Empty mall parking lot on Sunday morning and a few plastic cups. Learn how to pick up your bike, learn how to push it backwards acurately for parking or maneuver a too tight turn around and exit.
Carry a tool roll. Flashlight, spare fuses, Leatherman, some bailing wire, duct tape, multi bit screwdriver small crescent wrench and a tire plùg and Co2 cartridge air kit can limp you home or to help. I have ridden home by flashlight more than once.
WEAR YOUR GEAR

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1599394288559.jpg
    FB_IMG_1599394288559.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom