My NEW plinker! I am in love.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone recently told me that you HAVE to SBR the GSG-5 in order for the suppressor to work. Is that correct? Couldn't you put one on the end of the 16 inch barrel?

The only problem I see with adding it to the end of the barrel is that the barrel (on mine) diameter is too small to turn threads onto. This might be what people are talking about. There is just no simple way to do it.

The Gemtech lug adapter screws into the housing where the fake suppressor (on mine) screwed in. The barrel fits into the gemtech adapter about half-way.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got it thanks Jeff. I intend to SBR the the rifle as planned. I was wondering about pressures. Would the suppressor not function well with the longer barrel? My buddy was saying that gas pressure would be to great with a longer barrelled rifle for the suppressor to suppress the sound adequately.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got it thanks Jeff. I intend to SBR the the rifle as planned. I was wondering about pressures. Would the suppressor not function well with the longer barrel? My buddy was saying that gas pressure would be to great with a longer barrelled rifle for the suppressor to suppress the sound adequately.

Longer barrel can make subsonic ammo(factory) go sonic. This is overcome by using subsonic for SMG. It only has to do with pressure considering the longer the barrel the longer the pressure stays behind the bullet, the more velocity...

Even subsonic .22lr ammo is close enough to sonic, I honestly dont think it should be a point of concern. It will still suppress the noise.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw an article that was talking about sonic versus subsonic .22lr ammo. It looked like the difference was 20 fps. One ammo traveled 1070 fps and another traveled like 1050 fps. Is it really that close a variance?

Latest posts

Top Bottom