My NEW plinker! I am in love.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw an article that was talking about sonic versus subsonic .22lr ammo. It looked like the difference was 20 fps. One ammo traveled 1070 fps and another traveled like 1050 fps. Is it really that close a variance?
We ran CCI subsonic (1050fps) and CCI standard (1070fps) and there's no difference in mine while suppressed.
CCI MiniMag still has the sonic report.

:pms2: I'm starting to think that. What kind do you have/recommend for that GSG-5? I was thing about the YHM Mite or the TAC 65.
I use a SWR Spectre. I love it. RustyZX9 has a YHM Mite and likes it. Wall uses a Liberty Sparrow.
I guess it depends on your taste, really. The Mite is a really good can for the money, but I chose the Spectre because it's robust. It's multi-cal rated. Rated for full automatic 22lr or semi automatic 5.7mm, 17HMR, 22WMR.
I don't have any of the other calibers (yet) but I have options now.

I haven't shot the Mite side by side with mine, but Wall and I tested the Sparrow and Spectre together and there's no real difference in sound level.

If you want to see what it's like, I'd gladly meet you so you could shoot mine suppressed.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
COOL! Thanks sir. I just might holler at you. One more question and then I'll stop bugging you......Who SBR'd your rifle? I will have to have mine done and threaded, so I was curious about who does it . Thanks again for all the advice and good info.

Mike

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wall uses a Liberty Sparrow.

Actually, a Silencerco Sparrow

COOL! Who SBR'd your rifle?

He did

Got my spectre from Lt. Col. Major Malfunction (Hey Bryon. I know you're lurking).
I did my own form1 to do my GSG. It was simple. I have a trust setup so the form1 was nothing more than filling it out, copy of the trust and the two bills. 63 days later, my form was approved so I chopped the barrel down to the length needed to fit inside the gemtech adapter and when the stamp came back, went to the range. 67 days, door to door.
I love it. it's accurate as can be and absolutely tons of fun. My barrel length now is 8.335". I use CCI standard velocity ammo and it stays subsonic. I can wail on it and it just goes and goes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom