My sweet wife...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of you may have noticed I haven't posted in a week or two. Just haven't felt very sociable lately.

My sweet wife's Alzheimer's has gotten much worse in the past few weeks, and I am no longer physically able to care for her. She lost all control of her bodily functions, and didn't even realize when she'd had an accident. I have a bum ticker and a bad leg (made worse by a recent fall), and it just suddenly became more than I could physically handle.

I put her in a care home a week ago last Thursday (Jun 27), and this past Wednesday (Jul 3) she had a breakdown (slapping at anyone that tried to touch her, refusing to let them change her, or even put her shoes on). At the moment she's in a psychiatric ward in McAlester, where they're trying to stabilize her with meds.

They had to put in a catheter this morning, but I did get to speak with her for a few minutes. We've been married 43 years, and it's so good just to hear her voice, even though the conversation is mostly nonsensical on her part.

I love her more than life, and have never, ever felt so helpless. If you believe in prayer, please put us on your list. And especially pray for her (her name is Rachel).

Thanks,
Mac

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is tragic, man. My good neighbor two doors up is going through the same thing with his wife of about 50 years, though her case isn’t nearly as advanced as that of your wife.

My thoughts are with you two.

Latest posts

Top Bottom