1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

My sweet wife...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MacFromOK, Jul 6, 2019.

1. CHenry

CHenry Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Very sorry to ever see anyone suffer this sort of pain.
    I will pray for you both Mac.

2. okmedic

okmedic Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Very sorry, sir. No matter how you try to prepare yourself for that part of life, it never helps. I had to deal with my grandfather about 2 years ago when he got dementia. He eventually died of complications of COPD. And life being life, my father died 5 days after my grandfather basically of the same thing.
    The worst part of life is watching someone you love so much and knowing there’s nothing you can do to help them. My deepest sympathies to you. I’m sure it’s taking its toll on you in many ways. I hope you’ve got some good people helping you. Lord knows there would have been no way I could have dealt with what I did by myself. Keep your head up.

C_Hallbert and MacFromOK like this.
  3. Dale00

Dale00 Sharpshooter

Prayers sent for comfort, endurance and the wherewithall to get through this major trial. May the God of all Peace take you and your dear wife under his wing and give you shelter.

MacFromOK likes this.
  4. MacFromOK

MacFromOK Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Hey everyone,

They brought my sweet wife back to the nursing home from McAlester late this afternoon, and I spent a couple of very happy hours with her.

We spent most of that time sitting on a couch and holding hands. Conversation was simple (and sometimes nonsensical) but she still remembers who I am and tells me she loves me. It was so good just to see her smile and hear her laugh again. I love her more than life.

Thanks to all again for the prayers and well wishes, and please keep us on your list. Unless God intervenes, this is going to be a long row to hoe.

Best wishes,
    Mac

5. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Man, that is really great! I know it's going to be rough, and days like this will become fewer and fewer. I'm really glad you got to enjoy it, and enjoy her company. I am truly sorry for what you are having to go through, and really sorry she is having to suffer, as well. I will keep you in my prayers, you're a good man and I know it's tough.

My mother-in-law is living with us for a few months and she is in the same kind of boat - we have to essentially lead her around by the hand, and she has lots of verbal 'outbursts' of yelling nonsensical and disturbing stuff - hers are seizures, so I changed one of her meds yesterday hoping to help with this. It's rough on the family, on my wife who is caring for her mostly and for her husband (my father-in-law) who is staying with us due to his own health problems, too, having recently lost a leg and needing alot of help.

It is extremely challenging living with these kinds of issues, and a lot of people in our society just throw up their hands and refuse to deal with it. I'm not judging anyone, it's always an individual decision and everyone has their own reasons, but you, sir, have been dealing with this on a day to day basis for some years, I know. I salute you for your dedication to your beloved wife, and I pray for comfort for both of you in the trying times ahead.

Good luck, Mac.

Timmy59, dennishoddy, DRC458 and 4 others like this.
  6. Aries

Aries Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I don't know what to say Mac, so I will just second the post above. ^^^

MacFromOK, DavidMcMillan and druryj like this.
  7. Louro

Louro Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    tRidiot, well said. Mac, Prayers are with you and family.

8. RickN

RickN Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    You are both in our prayers.

9. druryj

druryj Super Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    TRidiot said it well. You both remain at the top of my prayer list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacFromOK and DavidMcMillan like this.
  10. DavidMcMillan

DavidMcMillan Enjoy your life!

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    You have given us a beautiful story of true love. You both will continue to be in our prayers.

dennishoddy and MacFromOK like this.