naked and afraid.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ahem.....

.....Disclaimer Alert......

............reality shows are anything BUT real.

For that reason, I'm not even a reality show viewer, with only Duck Dynasty being a "last resort" when I can't find anything else to watch, including my own DVD movies.

well yea....I only caught the last two shows 'cause my wife was watching it when I got home with the boy. I was like, "wtf are you watching?" She won't admit to being a reality TV watcher. I've caught her watching The Hills, Real Housewives, etc...I just laugh.

Duck Dynasty? Not no, but hell no.

I know this may sound strange...but I think they would have been better off not having them be naked.

It turns into a time killing gag at the start of each episode, and honestly I'd rather see more footage of them focusing on surviving and less about them talking about being naked, or wasting time trying to make coverings for themelves.

ya, I like how the 'uncensored' part is no different than any other shot in the show. It's not like you're gonna see "snakes in the underbrush", if ya know what I mean. Some dude and chicks arse...WOW! Open up a Victorias secret or Abercrombie catalogue and you get the same shot.

Sounds like Survivorman and Bear Grylls, both of which I have watched in the past. Except, they are by themselves. When you watch reality TV, you sometimes forget that there is a cameraman there and at least two other people carrying gear, etc. They aren't alone, no matter if the camera crew is instructed not to intervene unless it's a medical emergency. I don't watch much reality TV, except Survivor and Hells Kitchen (only for the fake yell factor).

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been naked and afraid. I was just 17, about to venture into the bush for the first time. I had played the home game many, many times before, practicing for the day that I would venture out on my own and become a man in that most perilous wilderness.. It was a Wednesday afternoon. It all happened so fast, it was a touch unexpected, though I had been hoping that I might make the trip soon. All I had with me was a twig, some berries, and a cheap poncho, but I REALLY wanted to go on that adventure. I managed to stay a lot longer than I expected, and I came out with only a few scrapes on my knees. greatest experience of my life at the time. I have found that once you go into the bush, you long for it every day after. I try to get back as often as I can. I've driven 100 miles in the snow and ice to take a trip. I have tried it a few times with pants on, but I find that actually chafes a little. Who knew.....

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been naked and afraid. I was just 17, about to venture into the bush for the first time. I had played the home game many, many times before, practicing for the day that I would venture out on my own and become a man in that most perilous wilderness.. It was a Wednesday afternoon. It all happened so fast, it was a touch unexpected, though I had been hoping that I might make the trip soon. All I had with me was a twig, some berries, and a cheap poncho, but I REALLY wanted to go on that adventure. I managed to stay a lot longer than I expected, and I came out with only a few scrapes on my knees. greatest experience of my life at the time. I have found that once you go into the bush, you long for it every day after. I try to get back as often as I can. I've driven 100 miles in the snow and ice to take a trip. I have tried it a few times with pants on, but I find that actually chafes a little. Who knew.....
Rotflmao. Good stuff!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like Survivorman and Bear Grylls, both of which I have watched in the past. Except, they are by themselves. When you watch reality TV, you sometimes forget that there is a cameraman there and at least two other people carrying gear, etc. They aren't alone, no matter if the camera crew is instructed not to intervene unless it's a medical emergency. I don't watch much reality TV, except Survivor and Hells Kitchen (only for the fake yell factor).
Except there weren't any cameramen there with Les on Survivorman. He had a rescue team that he could call if things got too dangerous (he actually did once, when he was in a boat on the ocean and got hit by a storm), but he was the one setting up the cameras, building the fires, and setting the traps. They actually showed the footage of him coming back for cameras a few times, and I recall one time that he said the extraction team could come back for one particular camera. :D

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It did not appeal to me when I first seen the commercials for it. Some guys at work were talking about it, so I watched an episode. The premise is a bit unbelievable, the naked and having nothing; but I agree that adds to their stress level.

The women do seem to be better at coping than the men are. The whiner in the La. swamp was hilarious, eating a nutria rat and water moccasin ............. that dude WAS hungry. Losing 42 lbs in 21 days, half from hunger and half from MOSQUITOES.

It would have been much better on HBO.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The whining men are probably just so embarrassed about their tiny schmeckles being out in the open right next to a nekkid chick with nice headlights. I would think the smell of a couple days would be fairly rough.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The meaning of life right there. ^^^^

Latest posts

Top Bottom