NASCAR disappoints again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I guess you either like it or you don't, I happen to like it. Especially a select few tracks like Talladega, Bristol, Martinsville, mostly short tracks except Dega.
Don't care that much for the two road courses they run each year, funny thing about the road courses, they always bring in a few hotshot ringers but they never seem to be able to beat the full time cup drivers.
There is a lot of strategy involved which can all go out the window with one caution flag. I have to say I liked it better when it was closer to it's roots, more small time outfits without bottomless pockets. There was even a driver named Wendell Scott, long before my time, who owned a service station and wrecker business who was known to pull his race car to the track, swap the engine out of his wrecker, run the race then put the engine back in the wrecker and pull his car home.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally I like all forms of auto racing. I do wish NASCAR would introduce a series that is actual "stock" cars, stuff right off the showroom floor with nothing but safety equipment added. That'd be a blast.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll take the Iditarod over Nascar anyday. An absolutely grueling battle. Probably the best endurance race of any kind in the world today. I couldn't do it.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They began something of this nature and ran it for a while but lost sponsorship. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Race_of_Champions

No, IROC was nothing like what I mean. An IROC car would not be street legal and is nothing close to actual "stock". But it was kind of a cool series, until all the drivers from other series realized they couldn't compete against the NASCAR drivers in it, since it was little more than just Winston Cup in a smaller car. They could have fixed it by bringing in different types of racing, like drag, road course, rally, but it was easier to just run it on ovals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom