NASCAR disappoints again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
NASCAR sucks. Roundy round. Winner has the fastest pit crew. Second place is the one that bumps the rest of the field into the wall.

Open wheel racing is where the real racer plays.

No bumping, more horsepower, faster lap times, and more money if you race in Europe.

The reason its not more popular in the US is because lots of times you can't see the whole course, and can't keep up with who is in the lead.

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
NASCAR sucks. Roundy round. Winner has the fastest pit crew. Second place is the one that bumps the rest of the field into the wall.

Open wheel racing is where the real racer plays.

No bumping, more horsepower, faster lap times, and more money if you race in Europe.

The reason its not more popular in the US is because lots of times you can't see the whole course, and can't keep up with who is in the lead.

I agree. F1, Indycar, Sprint Cars and even Le Mans are way more exciting. Better racing, better cars, and better tracks. Its a shame I can never find it on TV and when I do its always on at some weird hour. I think if they promoted them more they would become more popular than Nascar. I think they should have a Formula 1 race and a Red Bull air race at the same time, same track! Now that would be exciting!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its been relegated to Europe in most cases. The Indy 500 is the last bastion in this country.

All the rednecks want to see is the wrecks. They couldn't tell you who ran the race and won, but they can sure tell you who got in an accident and how bad they got hurt.

I'll bet there isn't one person at this instant can tell us who won NASCAR with out doing a google search.

Some will do a quick google search and come on like a NASCAR master.

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
........Open wheel racing is where the real racer plays.

I always thought that NASCAR was more popular because of the extra advertising space they have on the cars.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am kind of shocked to see all the NASCAR hating in here. I don't watch a lot but keep up with the stats and cup leaders and watch the big races. I would much rather watch a NASCAR race than a baseball game though. But both are really no more than an excuse to drink beer and hang out with friends, while occasionally watching action (or in baseballs case, standing around and occasionally action).

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like to see the races through the city streets always more thrilling to see if you have driven on them at some point in time.

If you want to really see some action though the rally races are the ones to watch IMHO my father keeps going on about NASCAR and the Grand National drag races and I can't sit there and watch either one.

Elm Creek Smith

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was stationed in Germany, the locals were always putting down American stock car racing (NASCAR). Of course, back then it was Winston Cup and Grand National (Big league/minor league) and there weren't anything like restrictor plates. Then AFRTS started broadcasting selected races live (1:00 AM or so). We got to watch Daytona (superspeedway), Dover (Monster Mile), Bristol (half-mile), and Watkins Glen (road course). I created a whole group of new NASCAR fans that year! Then, they took me to a European Touring Car Championship race at Nürburgring where BMW's, Capri's, and Alfa's banged doors in the hairpin just like NASCAR on short tracks and road courses. Of course, none of those cars were lapping at 200+ mph. It was fun, though!

Latest posts

Top Bottom