Natural way to kill poison ivy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just found a couple poison ivy plants in my yard and after breaking out for what seemed like an eternity from it a few years ago, i want them gone. I was wondering what the best and preferably natural way to kill it is. I have heard just put salt on the leaves, or a mixture of salt, vinegar, and Dawn sprayed on the leaves works. Anybody have experience with these or other methods?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gasoline..... it came from the ground in a different form, but it's natural.... (ish)...lol

LOL ... you and GC ... I have to watch that man ... every time he picks up a gas can I'm all like "HEY!! What are you doing??" :P

I've heard vinegar poured on the roots but I've never tried it. Maybe the salt, vinegar and Dawn mixture sprayed on the leaves and then poured on the roots for good measure ... I'm guessing the salt and vinegar is to kill the plant and the Dawn is to cut the oily residue that could get on you while you are spraying ... :anyone:

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
www.vitamin_ha.com_wp_content_uploads_2013_03_Funny_Goat_Memes_eat_everything_W630.jpg

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get yourself some long sleeves and gloves. Pull/dig it up roots and all. Throw in trash/neighbors yard. Throw shirt/gloves/pants away. Arsenic will kill everything but bermuda.

Latest posts

Top Bottom