neat solar light.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice story, but hasn't this idea been around for years?

I don't see where he "invented" it.

yeah I thought I had seen the idea before? maybe they are just re-hashing an old news story? just thought it was cool though in case others hadn't seen it. Ive also seen people shine a flashlight or other light source through a clear gallon jug of water for more light dispersal etc

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The concept of a solar tube has been around for decades for bringing light into a structure where a skylight isn't practical (such as in through an attic and a secondary ceiling). This idea is just a variation on the concept, but it's a neat one.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like it.

But I wouldn't go putting holes in my roof neither.

This ... but I am tempted to try it on the roof over my rabbit pens ... Does anybody know if those things generate any substantive amount of heat when the sun shines though them? If so that might be okay in the winter, but I sure don't want the rabbits getting any extra heat in the summer ... :scratch:

aww snap

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This ... but I am tempted to try it on the roof over my rabbit pens ... Does anybody know if those things generate any substantive amount of heat when the sun shines though them? If so that might be okay in the winter, but I sure don't want the rabbits getting any extra heat in the summer ... :scratch:

I thought I read in the article that it doesn't produce heat.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I dont think it generates much heat IDK though I guess we have to try it now to see LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom