Need A Place to Have Run/ Shoot/Test your Skills!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a big chunk of land that could be used for a 1 or 2 day shooting event? The ideal place would be 200+ acres, and have a couple areas open enough to safely shoot 200-400 yds (more is better). There's a shoot like this in Pecos each year, and one starting in Buckholts, TX.
The event goes like this: Runner must carry all ammo/guns/water with them. Runner encounters several "stations" along run, and must hit targets before continuing run - some are pistol targets, some rifle, some rifle with restrictions.(shooting around wall, through holes, etc..) Run time and shoot times are average to come up with final score.

It's a great test for shooters to test their gear and skills. Run could be as short as 2.5 miles or longer if possible.

Reaction score
I think Thunderbird range (I think it is Thunderbird) is set up like that. You would probably have to work something out with the Old Man, but he is pretty friendly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thunderbird is actually who I had in mind. I already approached Ken about hosting an Appleseed and he was open to the idea... though a run and gun would be much more of an undertaking. I was actually planning on heading out there this weekend to zero my rifle for the zombie run, and talking to Ken about the possibility of hosting a run and gun.

OSUFire

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would guess that a good location would be out toward Woodward. There's some really good, rolling and sparsely populated terrain in the Bouse Junction area.

OK, OK, I might be interested!
I have access to 700 acres in this location (between Woodward and Seiling) and would like more details. We do run cattle on the land so timing would have to be right, for when we can move the cattle to accomodate a run and shoot. We currently shoot on the land and have been wanting to install atleast a 500 yrd. target, which could easily be done and longer if needed.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ted, did you get with OSUFire? Depending on the location of that 700 acres, it could be a viable option.

If you guys have never been out to the area I'm talking about, you should go. There are some excellent alluvial plains NW of Waynoka and the Sand Dunes that will provide good lung workouts as well as natural backstops for shooting stages.

Latest posts

Top Bottom