Need advice ..... prayers, please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd rather deliver my brother safely to jail then have some jack booted, trigger happy bounty hunter kick in his door in the middle of the night.

First real, legitimate, good reason to turn in your brother. Obviously he isn't a true POS or you wouldn't be doubting yourself. Tell him to just keep his head down and do his time.

Good luck.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jail is not a pretty place, for a reason. Would be an extremely hard decision to turn in a close relative. I have found out in my own life though that taking care of things no matter how tough the consequences sure makes things go alot better for you than running from your problems, especially problems with the law.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My answer is I would stay out of it unless it's a violent offense. I'd drop dimes on violent offfenders all day long. Family or not. Or if he's a deadbeat dad or is hurting someone somehow.

Drugs and such? Give him your advice (he should turn himself in) if you have a way of contacting him, then stay out of it.
That's me.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It isn't turning on them. It's making them man up and face reality. I'd rather deliver my brother safely to jail then have some jack booted, trigger happy bounty hunter kick in his door in the middle of the night. Again the reality is the sooner you deal with this stuff the sooner they can move on.
This is a good point too. I would turn in someone I care about if I thought they might deal with the wrong side of the lawman's gun or worse yet, a bounty hunter. Bounty hunters still do a lot of stupid ****.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My answer is I would stay out of it unless it's a violent offense. I'd drop dimes on violent offfenders all day long. Family or not. Or if he's a deadbeat dad or is hurting someone somehow.

Drugs and such? Give him your advice (he should turn himself in) if you have a way of contacting him, then stay out of it.
That's me.

Same here. Violent crime I'd call in a minute. Anything else, meh.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My opinion is you need to turn him in immediately. This situation is likely to snowball with more charges levied against him and/or family members. By knowing where he is and you not turning him in you could probably be charged yourself. He is going to get caught, it is a matter of what else will happen between now and then.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Short story. Brother has warrant for his arrest and is hiding from the law.

My family (Mom, Sister, and I) all think he needs to go to jail and serve his time sooner rather than later. A bails bondman called my mom and talked with her, and is looking for my brother. My mom has seen my brother and knows his whereabouts. She doesnt have the heart to tell the bails bondman but asked me to call and let him know.

so what should I do? I already discussed that if he went to county that if he was to get physically assaulted, or stabbed, or killed that these are all risks. I also stated that if I were to call it would never ever get out or I would deny it.

so looking for advice on how I should proceed.

He needs to pony up the money, hire a lawyer and work out the details of how to go about handling the warrant, and possibly turning himself in, if that's what it takes, and get it taken care of. Warrants don't go away. Just because you might know where he is does not mean you are harboring a fugitive. Unless he's in your house ... or you lie to an officer if you are asked a direct question.

Based on BadgeBunny's comment about lying to an officer, is a bail bondsman an "officer of the court?" If so, your mother could be at risk of harboring a fugitive. Do you like that idea?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You aren't helping him by not telling on him....just kicking the can down the road.

Who put up the bail/bond?

Latest posts

Top Bottom