Need advice ..... prayers, please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im currently working to get into this business and am seeing it for myself from the inside and it is nothing like I thought it was having never had to get bailed out of jail once in 46 years. I wont disagree that there are flaws to the bail bond system, but there are flaws to any system dealing with people and money, reality is its what we have and we have to work with it best we can, its totally unrealistic to think it will change any time soon, because its not. Im working into a family run business that has been in business in a small town in the largest county in the state since the 1950s. Things seem to go alot smoother and slower there and no way do they think theyre above the law. You cant believe the stories Ive heard of how much these people have done for their clients over the years, like I said small town so every one knows each other ands things are different there than in the metropolis Im sure. Unless a bondsman is a one man operation and writes a large bond himself, which most dont because most of the large bonds are written thru surety insurance companies, theyre the ones who release the dogs on bail jumpers, not the bondsman unless like I said he has a financial interest on the line because of the jumper. Hell, if I had to pay the court 20K on a forfeited bond out of my own pocket then I would go after the guy myself. Most people you deal with when obtaining a bond are just employees of the company.

It is just like anything else, a few bad apples spoil the bunch. The problem is that there are a lot of bad apples in the bond game. Check this out-

[video]https://youtu.be/IS5mwymTIJU[/video]

[video]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IS5mwymTIJU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/video]

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check this out-

[video]https://youtu.be/IS5mwymTIJU[/video]

[video]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IS5mwymTIJU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/video]
yaa, I saw that when it aired. Funny stuff. Until you need one. Then it wont be so funny.

The judge or court sets the bail, not the bondsman. A bondsman just provides a service like any other business. You dont have to use their service no one is forcing you to, you can always just sit in jail until you go to court and save your 10% then.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother has a couple DWI's, and a couple other alcohol related offenses. Everything is taken care of except his last DWI which he had to do community service, and some other class which was about $4,000 left that he had to owe. For various reasons he didnt have the money or time to do these things. So he had a court date and rather than face court he decided to not show up knowing he would get a warrant. He is not violent, he is just misguided and makes bad decisions. I love my brother and just think that he would be better off facing the music and do his time and then get out sooner rather than later.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother has a couple DWI's, and a couple other alcohol related offenses. Everything is taken care of except his last DWI which he had to do community service, and some other class which was about $4,000 left that he had to owe. For various reasons he didnt have the money or time to do these things. So he had a court date and rather than face court he decided to not show up knowing he would get a warrant. He is not violent, he is just misguided and makes bad decisions. I love my brother and just think that he would be better off facing the music and do his time and then get out sooner rather than later.

For a DWI, his ass gets turned in. That is horsecrap and I personally don't think too much of those that do it. Once is a mistake, I can understand once. Any number above that, and you have a real problem and are putting others lives at risk. The other option is to help him pay his fines, but then what does he learn?

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
well more to the story. My mom offered him to stay at her house and she would take him place to place to get it all done and over with. He refused.

the DWIs were in 2005, literally a few months apart. He had an attorney to kick the can on his second one while he took care of the first. He paid his fines and everything except for community service and some other class he had to pay for. He was working 6-7 days a week months on end and couldnt do community service (truth). After that is when everything turned into hell.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well that doesnt sound so bad. He could get some county time out of it probably. Practice his dominoes, get some reading in. Get in some counseling and alcohol recovery and he will be better off too. Good luck with it.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well that doesnt sound so bad. He could get some county time out of it probably. Practice his dominoes, get some reading in. Get in some counseling and alcohol recovery and he will be better off too. Good luck with it.

This is what we all think. A change to get sober, and think a path forward in his life and get out a new man. This may be a stupid question because one I never been to jail. When he comes out will he be done and debt free to society?

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is what we all think. A change to get sober, and think a path forward in his life and get out a new man. This may be a stupid question because one I never been to jail. When he comes out will he be done and debt free to society?

Depends on the judge. He could get additional probation, could be some fines/restitution as well, really just depends on how deep in debt he was. The fines usually will have to be paid, period. Inmates earn like $.12 a day, so that won't do much to pay off the fines.

Latest posts

Top Bottom