Need info on fishing Konawa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Called the Konawa city hall the other day to see if they had a map. "Well, I did have, but I gave 'em all away sorry."

Not we'll get more, or you could check here, or kiss my foot.

So, have downloaded a pretty good pdf map of the lake, but one of my questions is which ramp should we use? Can't really tell from the aerial shots which would work best.

I know about the two channels that bring water to (the north one?) the power plant, and exhaust water back into the lake, but any advice on fishing the lake would be appreciated.

We would most like to get into hybrids, and have slabs, jigs, swim baits, etc., but are open to other fishing too.

Is there an area conducive to finding bass? Boat is equipped with a trolling motor.

Is there any possibility of catching shad for bait? (My cast net skills are talked about in two states, and not in a good way.)

Going to do this toward the end of next week. All advice is appreciated.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Are there any hybrids left? Ought to be big ones if there are.

Too bad they stopped. Nothing is like catching those, at least in fresh water.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

Red is the ramp I use and also where you can beach a boat to walk into the discharge channel. The hash marks are the road beds as best I can remember, you'll see them on land. I used to fish it a lot and those where my go to spots.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 165

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On Oklahomabassin's advice, we aren't going to Konawa. Carl Blackwell claims to have good hybrids, and it's a little close for us.

I am posting another plea for information, this time on Carl Blackwell.

johnj

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have fished and guided Konawa, as stated, hybrids are all but gone, still pretty good for sandies, BIG channel cat and largemouth if you got a tank of shad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom