Need reccomenations for easy to start chainsaw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're a lil late to the party. What in the world were you searching for to bring this thread back up? Stihl chainsaws? Wanna buy one? I have a pretty good one that I don't use now that I got an electric Dewalt for Christmas.
I was super skeptical when my buddy brought up his electric Stihl. I think it had either a 10" or 12" blade which was great for trimming shooting lanes and trees up to probably 4-6" diameter. Lightweight and honestly worked like a champ. He did have an extra battery so could go for a few hours.

BUT, if you want to cut all day and bigger trees then I'd stick with the gas powered. I'm looking for a deal on a battery powered one now.

Do I need to reply to the other old thread??? :)

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was super skeptical when my buddy brought up his electric Stihl. I think it had either a 10" or 12" blade which was great for trimming shooting lanes and trees up to probably 4-6" diameter. Lightweight and honestly worked like a champ. He did have an extra battery so could go for a few hours.

BUT, if you want to cut all day and bigger trees then I'd stick with the gas powered. I'm looking for a deal on a battery powered one now.

Do I need to reply to the other old thread??? :)

I was pretty skeptical of them myself for a very long time. It didn't take long for me to fall in love with one after I had it though. I think that both (gas and battery) have their places. If I was in the Yukon backwoods somewhere, gas would be the best option. However, for my lil rural homestead and orchard the battery seems to really fit the bill. It's surprising how many people are still ignorant of the battery powered tools though and don't even give them a chance.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one that runs like new! R Enjoy paying $100.00 each for replacement batteries!
Nope, you can buy knock off batteries on Amazon much cheaper and with more advertised power.

DCB206 20V 6000mAh Lithium Battery Replacement for DeWalt 20V MAX DCB204 DCB200 DCB206 DCB205-2 DCB201 DCB203 DCB181 DCB180 20V DCD/DCF/DCG/DCS Series Cordless Power Tools (2 Packs 6000mAh) https://a.co/d/cRHFliH

Latest posts

Top Bottom