Negligent discharge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Think I will stay away today. I am constantly surprised by lack of trigger discipline and overall lack of adherence to basic firearm safety rules. This applies to some of the vendors and to many of the customers.
Someone is going to get seriously hurt and then we will probably have to kiss this show goodbye

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Think I will stay away today. I am constantly surprised by lack of trigger discipline and overall lack of adherence to basic firearm safety rules. This applies to some of the vendors and to many of the customers.
Someone is going to get seriously hurt and then we will probably have to kiss this show goodbye
Why was someone fingering a loaded gun at the gun show when they can't have a loaded gun in the show? Are they not checking? Did the guy lie and sneak it in? Was it being cleared at entry by a buffoon? or something more incompetent?

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at that show about 20 years ago and looking at an older marlin model 60 on a vendor rack. Pulled the bolt back and a it was fully loaded. The guy looked shocked. If I had pulled the trigger it would have fired.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I am constantly surprised by lack of trigger discipline and overall lack of adherence to basic firearm safety rules.
I am not surprised at all. Outside of my father teaching me (he was a Leatherneck at one time), I received pretty much ZERO weapons handling training/education until I went to do business for Uncle Sam. Pretty much it's less than 1% who know how to handle weapons properly. I've seen dudes on ranges declare their experience as whatever - 5-O, Feds, military, you name it, then blatantly flag everyone and chimp triggers. I realized it's not where someone works, but what their job is/was. Same with most all these folks...if they don't have a background in the manual of arms or have received training, they'll chimp a trigger in a heartbeat, they won't clear a weapon when they pick it up, and they will flag everyone almost on purpose.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn!! Just read the thread! It’s no wonder the gun community has the bad name it does! Even at a mass pro gun event people won’t be careful!! Do you think this stuff is staged by anti-gunners? I mean surely after all the previous ND’s at THIS show they would have a system in place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom