Neighbor Shot a Whopper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This guy is a big buck hunter. He has killed some great ones. He hunts Kansas every year and eats, sleeps and breathes big deer. He has archery targets out to 100 yards in his yard and practices all the time. I think they filmed this hunt and it should be on a tv show. He is one of the guys that developed a new deer attractant called "Bonedemonium".

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
that is one nice deer! i can hear the power plant at sooner lake from where i was at.the deer were definitely moving.i saw 9 deer before 8 o'clock and had a 10 point and 8 point at fifty yards.never came close enough though.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our old buddy John C. showed me that pic here at the plant. I think he told me is was in the hi 170 gross green score. Buck of a lifetime for sure.
170? That's all?

My wife's cousin has a 174 on the wall and it wasn't near that heavy. Not even close. Had 17 points though. Poor old guy only weighed about 126 and was past his prime, as evidenced by him getting taken when nobody had even seen him before! His buddy shot a 10 point the same weekend that weighed 147. This was in north Atoka County.

That sooner lake deer is a real bruiser. :drooling:

Latest posts

Top Bottom