Netflix - not very impressed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I got netflix but am not so impressed with it. It makes me scroll through tons of old movies, does not seem to provide a way to search only new releases, and any movie I can think to search by name is not available. Am I doing it wrong or does it really just suck?

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love Netflix and watch it all the time. I discovered it much easier to search for movies on the computer. Just go to netflix.com and it's much much faster. After you find the movie you want just use the search engine from your tv to find the movie there.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, their "new" releases aren't. Every once and awhile a recent, decent flick will be on there but's it usually low budget crap.

Netflix is, however, pretty good for documentaries and T.V. shows.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The easiest way is to search for things on your computer and then save them to your instant queue. After you rate a few movies/tv shows it'll start to offer suggestions that are pretty decent. My issue is that my wife likes old 80's movies and my nieces and nephews like kids stuff so my "suggested" list is nowhere near what I would watch.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The instant streaming doesn't have the newer releases. Those are delivered by the mail queue.

I watch lots of Netflix, but I use it to view past series of TV shows on DVD. Portlandia seasons 1-3, Top Gear 2-18, How I Met Your Mother, '67 Spiderman, Mad Men, Breaking Bad... there's lots of good stuff to be found. I also watch a documentary every so often. Odd that I use Netflix for the vast majority of my viewing but I rarely to never watch a major-studio movie.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So does netflix have a mail only plan? I get my internet through a verizon hotspot so I am limited to 20GB per month which makes streaming less than appealing. Really just want to watch Breaking Bad up to the current season.

I had netflix a couple years ago but the outdated movies along with rate increases sent me packing.

HVYCHVY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, their search feature leaves a lot to be desired. Netflix.com or Instant Watcher is what I use to find movies. If you could search by actor or actress, it would be much better. On my Tivo, there isn't a search feature, so I usually watch thru Roku box. Lately, I've been zinging in on Amazon Instant Prime and the Criterion Samurai movies on Hulu Plus.

Latest posts

Top Bottom