Netflix - not very impressed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I dropped Netflix when they upped their rates and split up the plans. I already had Amazon prime for TV shows so instant was a waste, and I have like 5 redboxes within a mile of my house, lol.

mapcon1941

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are streaming video (Watch Instantly), there is a genre pull down menu. That may help break out something worth watching. The HD list seems to have the most popular titles. Act of Valor is available for streaming, if you haven't already seen it.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it's been a few yrs but i had the mail delivery and it was ok. but be preparred to receive broken dvd's and some that skip and won't play. i cancelled because it was a hassle looking for movies on dial up just to get it and be broken.

RevThompson

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I first signed up when it was $5 a month for streaming it was nice. they had some really good shows. but it seems that the longer i have a subscription to it the worse and worse it gets.

Dave C

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So does netflix have a mail only plan? I get my internet through a verizon hotspot so I am limited to 20GB per month which makes streaming less than appealing. Really just want to watch Breaking Bad up to the current season.

I had netflix a couple years ago but the outdated movies along with rate increases sent me packing.

yes you can get it by mail only now that they have split them up.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I originally subscribed to catch up on the old Breaking Bad episodes before I started watching it last year (yes, I know I late to the party).

Since then, I don't use it much, but my daughter LOVES to use it on her laptop when she's here so that's reason enough for me.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, their "new" releases aren't.
Blame the studios for that, because it's all based on their contracts with Netflix, DirecTV, HBO, Starz, Redbox, Blockbuster, etc. That's also why content disappears from Netflix--and why they've started producing their own content. This should change drastically in the next couple of years; Netflix signed a big deal with Disney (which owns a lot of content, including ABC, ESPN, Pixar, and the Star Wars franchise, among others), so their selection of new releases should get better when that contract kicks in (IIRC, it starts in 2015).

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love Netflix and watch it all the time. I discovered it much easier to search for movies on the computer. Just go to netflix.com and it's much much faster. After you find the movie you want just use the search engine from your tv to find the movie there.

Or add it straight into your instant queu right from your PC. You just have to log in to NetFlix 1st.

Another thing you can do while on the PC is to take the your preferences quiz or what ever it is called and be as honest as you can. It asks about the types of movies and tv shows you like in about 10 different ways. Once you do the ratings you see will be tailored to you. And the more you use NetFlix the more accurate those ratings get.

And they get really, really accurate. I don't even bother with 2 star rated stuff anymore because NetFlix is right. They suck. NF knows what I like now - it's almost scary how good it is at predicting whether I'll like something or not.

david04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think a lot of people sign up for netflix thinking they're gonna get to watch the latest big-name movies which have just come out on DVD. I wish it was that way. They probably could have that, but it would cost WAY more than $8 per month! As it is, there is still a lot of good stuff (movies and TV) on there. I've discovered a lot of movies I loved just by browsing and trying new things. Just relax and try some of the movies that ARE there. Remember, they were all new once.

Latest posts

Top Bottom