Netflix - Worth it for Ipad?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have Netflix on their ipad?

Curious if the $7.99 a month was worth it for the content

Do they have a great selection? How does it work - what unlimited? Few at a time?

Thoughts? Opinions?

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cotent for streaming is based upon the studios decision on what to release for streaming. Content is decent streaming is unlimited as many as you can watch.

I do Hulu and Netflix since I stream to my blue ray.

For economic reasons I am dumping my fancy whole home set up going to a single dvr again and cutting my service way back.

Cowboy2000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I cancelled the Netflix. To me it ain't worth 8$. All it was old movies and bunch of stuff I done already seen. I'm already paying a cable bill, I don't need another bill.

lowdown

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like it! I have it on my iphone, ipad and Wii. When I get to watch TV, I watch netflix. There's great older stuff on there. My queue is filled with all kinds of stuff. Miami Vice (the series), Buck Rogers, blaxploitation films, silent movies, documentaries. (I know, I'm weird.) If you search for something a few times, it usually shows up in a week. Then there's the kids side of netflix. I don't care for newer movies. If it's watching on a small screen you're worried about, get one of these:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10235&cs_id=1023509&p_id=9274&seq=1&format=1#largeimage

and plug it into the big TV.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We do it to stream on the Roku as well as the phone for my kids. The movies are okay, not new released but some new"er".

They do have good documentaries and lots of television series, especially kid's TV series. That is what we use it primarily for - for our two kids to have decent programming that we can screen and be sure they're aren't inappropriate commercials. My wife uses primarily Hulu for the new television content. As for me, well... I just stick to OETA :D

ahamay6

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would suggest signing up for amazon prime. Its cheaper and has practically the same movies and tv shows that netflix offers for streaming. Not only do you get the streaming, but there are a lot of other features you get like free kindle books and free 2 day and 3.99 overnight shipping on all amazon prime items, which is anything sold directly by amazon. I love it and its hard to argue that its a better deal than netflix.

gun001guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have Netflix and and my kids love the streaming. The disc by mail aren't worth it. $7.99 a month and you can watch it on your phone, computer, Ipad, TV

KYLE_B

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We have streaming only. It gets used daily in our house. I think it has a great selection of tv series I never watched, documentaries, and kids shows. Well worth the $8. I also have Amazon Prime but rarely use the streaming and just about every channel cox cable has. If it were just me and the wife I could cancel cable and watch netflix contently.

Latest posts

Top Bottom