Netflix - Worth it for Ipad?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam Shoun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it is worth it, but our kids use it a lot too. We have no cable or satellite, etc. Our kids never run out of stuff to watch. I'm not a big TV watcher myself; so I suppose if it were just me, then it would be questionable whether it's worth it. It can be difficult to dig through the stifling volume of super lame B movies to find the few good ones. Of course, if you're in to B movies, it's your ticket.

ETA: we use the mobile (Apple) app frequently. Works good.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would suggest signing up for amazon prime. Its cheaper and has practically the same movies and tv shows that netflix offers for streaming. Not only do you get the streaming, but there are a lot of other features you get like free kindle books and free 2 day and 3.99 overnight shipping on all amazon prime items, which is anything sold directly by amazon. I love it and its hard to argue that its a better deal than netflix.

IMO the only thing steering people away from Prime is the fact that its $80 a year up front and not a small monthly charge like netflix. It is definitely cheaper than netflix and for someone like myself the 2 day free shipping comes in very handy. The only bad thing about it is the selection is not as large and compatibility with smart phones is lacking. I use both and am very happy. If i didnt have my daughter I wouldn't need the netflix but the $8 a month for all the kids content is a steal.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watch WAY more Netflix than I do regular TV. Well worth the $7.99. I use it via AppleTV and it looks great on the iPad 3

Yourshoesareuntied

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My wife and I unhooked from the cable, we just get what we can over the air..it's been hard but Netflix helps. Our cable bill was approaching 200 a month, now we have cable Internet and emergency phone service for the alarm, that cost about 55.00 a month. With Netflix it's just about 70.00 after everyone gets their taxes.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Netflix should have a 7-day trial period. Sign up for it and check it out. In my opinion, especially with a 6 year old (TONS of kids shows), it's worth the $8. Lots of interesting documentaries and plenty of TV shows that I personally enjoy, but this will obviously differ from person to person. Joined up with Crackle, Vudu, Hulu, YouTube, and Amazon On-Demand, plus the countless channels on my Roku box (another gadget DEFINITELY worth paying for), it's getting harder and harder to justify paying for cable TV.

Paying for DVD service is a rip, though.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use it on my laptop (and occasionally on the TV), but I actually did pick up my mom's iPad a few days ago and was messing around on Netflix. I found the mobile site much easier to navigate than on the Flash-heavy main site.

And as far as content goes, I'm one of those people who are happy watching their favorites over and over and over again.

I can't tell you how many times I've watched The Langoliers on Netflix. If it were a VHS copy it would be in a bawling, tangled mess in the corner begging to be killed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom