New Explorers-- Anyone own one. for reviews.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Not at my own home, but couple of close hunting friends wives drive a loaded 14 and loaded 15. No issues. Went from a Nissan Rogue and a Ford Excursion.

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife drives a 13 explorer sport and we love it. It hauls ass, rides nice, has a lot of space. It's been reliable, is very nice inside and has some really cool features when you load it out. Ford got it right with these.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking for a fairly well loaded XLT. The limited has the options i really want but I'm not going to pay that much for. I've looked at several that looked good on paper but were disappointing in person. two that showed clean auto checks. even advertised as such. Only to find out that Ray Charles did the body work. The one yesterday really pissed me off. I called on it was told it was the cleanest around. I drove 45 minutes to go see it only to open the first door and find the worst evidence of a door skin job out there. Not to mention the tape job that lead to some interesting overspray.

I'm really considering just biting the bullet and putting her in a new car as to avoid the possibility of a hidden repair.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw one that missed the barrier and hit the bridge pylons at around 60. Driver and passenger lived with minor injuries. Not sure how they run but thwy seem to wreck well.

Nothing screams poor craftsmanship like wrinkles in your duct tape

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one and love it. Best truck suv car I ever had. There are a few things I don't like but everyone seems to address them. The third row seat headrest are too tall and obstruct the view out the rear window. If no one is in the back lower them. The blinker every time I need it on past three flashes it feels like it is going to break. It also causes the brights to come on for a second. The OEM hankook tires suck....the reviews say it all. The good well drives great, looks good, decent gas mileage (7 people) fully loaded driving to Cali from here driving 75-90 mph I got 20 mpg. In city 18.8 mpg.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought the wife a 2014 brand new and it has been pretty great so far. The only issue we have ( and it seems that some others have had it too) is that when you really stomp on it it smells up the cabin really bad. Kinda like rotten eggs. Online forums indicate that it is exhaust gasses. We never really worried about it because we drive it like a granny and it has not come up often but lately it has been really annoying ( have just over 20K on the clock now). Going to have to take it in soon and see what the dealership will do about it

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My buddy has one. Very nice. From what I understand you have to get the platinum or sport package to get the Eco boost 3.5 which is a big price leap and, personally, a lot of options I don't need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom