Battery Powered Leaf Blowers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our school has the Walmart one, can't remember if it's hypertough or the Hart but it's weak & battery life is short. I hear the Milwaukee is the best but expensive

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a second hand Black and Decker hand-held leaf blower. It’s definitely not knock your socks off powerful, but I find it has enough umpf to do the few minutes of lightweight work that I need it for. I actually prefer that it’s not super powerful.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Kobalt battery blower. 20v. It works great but the battery goes dead so quick I can hardly blow things off. I usually only use it to blow my garage out. I use my backpack blower for the rest. I would say the battery lasts about 30 seconds on full blast.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, just realized that. Hopefully any blower purchased doesn’t work as a vacuum.
Oh contrair! We have a wired blower that works as a vacuum by changing the intake to suck leaves into the fan blades that chop them up. One can take a huge pile of leaves and end up with a couple trash bags of finely chopped leaves by changing the operation of the blower and some attachments.
Now on to the battery blowers. We have only one. It's a Harbor Freight $50, 20 volt blower that advertises 200 mph air. It's a tiny thing I bought after seeing one at an RV park to blow leaves and such off the slides and around the door ways. It's actually amazing on how that little blower can move that much debris. Three speeds.
When looking at it, the blower does not come with a battery or charger, so if one stays with the Baeur brand, it's almost a hundred bucks for a charger and 5AH battery.
Since I have several Dewalt battery tools, my curiosity got the best of me so I went to the internet to see if there was an adapter.
Amazon came through with a $25 adapter that works perfectly with the Dewalt batteries.
This unit will not work for what the OP is after as it has the MPH but not the volume of air to move large amounts of leaves. So far the run time has been over 20 minutes and it's still running. That is the longest I've ran it so far.
It's a unit for small work in small areas. Works great blowing out the garage or shop and weighs about 3 lbs if anyone has a bad back or mobility impaired.
An alternative use I found is that at the car wash, it will dry a car for free much faster than the blowers you have to pay for if you don't want to dry it with a towel. The light weight makes it a pleasure to use.
Now back to the big boy tools.......

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Kobalt battery blower. 20v. It works great but the battery goes dead so quick I can hardly blow things off. I usually only use it to blow my garage out. I use my backpack blower for the rest. I would say the battery lasts about 30 seconds on full blast.
It appears your battery is bad, or too small for the blower.
It should last much longer.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the Stihl vacuum that converts to a blower, the bag is huge and clumsy but it works ok. If the material is damp at all the neck gets clogged pretty easily on the vacuum.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Dewalt 60V and I love it.

I use to have a toro electric blower that converted to a leaf vacuum but just never really did the job.

Latest posts

Top Bottom