Battery Powered Leaf Blowers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have both sizes in the 20v Dewalt. I use both for different things, love em! I take the small one with us when we travel in the RV and to blow out the Off Road Toys to get the Trail Dust off them.
Same for us, large and small 20V and they work great. Wife uses both all of the time to blow leaves away from the porch and door. Her Stihl BG65 is mostly unused these days. I still keep the BR600 as we have way too many trees and yard for the Dewalts to do all of it.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Liking this thread. I use a stihl 56 on the patio and front walk almost everyday. As was said, I don’t like smelling the fumes on me or in the house. I already have a bunch of dewalt stuff so will probably get that one.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m a tool nut and I committed to Makita a long time ago. I have a ton of 18V batteries, so I usually by ”tool only” tools. Then I replace older batteries with higher amp-hour batteries as they are produced. I bought a Makita leaf blower this past summer. It’s the 36V that uses two batteries. I really like the power and weight. It has plenty of run time to finish our yard with power left over. I have two well-used Stihl gas powered blowers hanging on the shop wall. Back-ups from now on, I guess.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh contrair! We have a wired blower that works as a vacuum by changing the intake to suck leaves into the fan blades that chop them up. One can take a huge pile of leaves and end up with a couple trash bags of finely chopped leaves by changing the operation of the blower and some attachments.
Now on to the battery blowers. We have only one. It's a Harbor Freight $50, 20 volt blower that advertises 200 mph air. It's a tiny thing I bought after seeing one at an RV park to blow leaves and such off the slides and around the door ways. It's actually amazing on how that little blower can move that much debris. Three speeds.
When looking at it, the blower does not come with a battery or charger, so if one stays with the Baeur brand, it's almost a hundred bucks for a charger and 5AH battery.
Since I have several Dewalt battery tools, my curiosity got the best of me so I went to the internet to see if there was an adapter.
Amazon came through with a $25 adapter that works perfectly with the Dewalt batteries.
This unit will not work for what the OP is after as it has the MPH but not the volume of air to move large amounts of leaves. So far the run time has been over 20 minutes and it's still running. That is the longest I've ran it so far.
It's a unit for small work in small areas. Works great blowing out the garage or shop and weighs about 3 lbs if anyone has a bad back or mobility impaired.
An alternative use I found is that at the car wash, it will dry a car for free much faster than the blowers you have to pay for if you don't want to dry it with a towel. The light weight makes it a pleasure to use.
Now back to the big boy tools.......
I may go buy that Bauer. I'm looking for something that dries off the car after washing.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cheap Black and Decker like $30. Have had it for about 3 years, very capable for what it is. I use it all the time for patio, sidewalk. Leaf and grass clippings and even the entry inside the house.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up a box up at Lowes, Kobalt 20V weedeater and blower.

Works great

I have mostly DeWalt power tools. 20V battery and 110V. All are pre-Black&Decker. Am waiting to see if B&D drop quality in favor of price.

Latest posts

Top Bottom