Battery Powered Leaf Blowers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to sell my backpack blower and I’m looking for a replacement. First off, after the ice storm 2 years ago I have significantly less trees/leaves and the backpack became a pain for blowing the concrete after mowing. I hardly ever use it now for leaves.

We spend a lot of time outside in the summer and I’m tired of blowing off the patio and pool deck and smelling like 2 cycle…. Thus going battery is appealing. After mowing it’s around 10 min of blowing. The patio and pool deck take about the same time several times a week in the summer.

I have several Dewalt tools and my initial though was a Dewalt blower then I started reading reviews. The 20v gets wimpy reviews and the newer 60v blower gets consistently low reviews for quality.

This has me looking at Ego…. Particularly the the 650cfm 5ah and the 615cfm 2.5ah models. The only negative reviews they get is being on the heavy side compared to other battery powered blowers. The only other downside I see is it is a different battery platform than the other yellow tools I own.

Does anyone have any hands on experience with Dewalt blowers or Ego? Any real world reviews or is there another brand to look at?

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have dewalt tools, I would go with a dewalt blower, just because you already have the batteries.

I have used the ego blowers before, I think it was a lower end model. Buddy had it, and it was about a year old. After daily use (he details cars and uses the blower to remove excess water) the battery was crap and the blower motor was going out. The switch was also worn out and working intermittently. I have heard good things about them too though.

To replace his ego blower, my buddy bought a Milwaukee blower. That thing, like the rest of milwaukees lineup, was a hoss. I used Milwaukee for 10ish years as a mechanic, and still use their stuff for home remodeling, projects around the house, and yard stuff. I’m a fan. That’s what I would go with.

If I were in your shoes, I would take advantage of you local big box stores generous return policy, and buy a dewalt blower. Try it out. If it does the job you need it to, keep it. If it sucks, return it within the return window, and buy an ego to try out. If you’re not impressed, or are just itching to get some new tools, sell the dewalt stuff and the backpack blower and replace all that yellow dewalt with red Milwaukee.

mmerrill

It makes sense if you don't think about it.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been really happy with my 650 cfm Ego. Kinda went all in on them with a weed eater, pole saw, chain saw, and cultivator. No problems yet.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a fancy Stihl gas blower but I’m in the same boat with the pool and I find that my dewalt 20v blower has become the go to for ease and with my other tools using the same batteries it means I always have one on the charger and ready to go. The new battery Stihl blowers are nice as well, my neighbor has one and he owns a landscape company, swears by it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom