New for 2016 Ruger's Switcheroo - Buckaroo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know I should have posted this in the Handgun Forum. But with the sure popularity/demand that this handgun is sure to develop, I thought I would post it here and share it with everyone. :idea::wink2::rollingla:rollingla

http://www.realguns.com/articles/785.htm
New for 2016 Ruger's Switcheroo - Buckaroo
Finally! A combo 357 Mag / 22 LR hunting revolver that works!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems a little gimmicky to me, honestly. I mean... who hunts with a revolver, for one? Maybe some people do, I don't know. I always got the impression those who carried a revolver while hunting were doing so for protection... like coming up on a bear or something, maybe a hog. If so, 3 rounds is... borderline, IMO. As for .22, I can't see anyone trying to take a rabbit or squirrel with a short-barreled revolver.

Maybe I'm just not the demographic they're looking for.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'd say the majority of hunters who hunt with a handgun, use a revolver or a single shot of some kind. Lots of rabbit and squirrel taken with Ruger and Browning semi .22 pistols though.

This looks like something a Ruger collector will enjoy, I'm not sure about anyone else.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Reread it...

Highlights:

"Ruger Director of Engineering and Macro Aggression John McClane"

"bushing is machined from molecularly heat soaked 4011 Rearden Metal"

"cylinder is made of Osmium Plus"

"frame and barrel are made from long wearing, corrosion resistant, New Balance Magdalunium"

"Benny Hill, Executive Director of New Things That Are Hard To Explain and Purveyor of Memorable Catch Phrases"

"he did state that the Swuck would: "...significantly reduce global warming, bring peace in our time, pay all college tuition, set a national minimum wage of $100/hour, and make the top 1% income bracket capitalist pigs pick up the tab for everyone else""

"Biff Just Biff, Ruger's Undersecretary of the Please Don't Make Me Talk To Joe Collective and Facebook Likes manager for the Swuck stated, "The revolver is like any other made since 1900, except for that rotating barrel thingy, which represents the only tail feathers we could find to stick on this bird""

"Barrels are regulated to a 25 yard point of impact. Lead Engineer and Fallout 4 Evangelist Brandon Port Foozle took a lesson from double rifle manufacturers. According to Port Foozle, "The Holland & Holland chaps across the pond used a traveling wedge between barrels to set an appropriate point of impact where both bores intercept. Obviously the Swuck was too small for a full size wedge, so we scaled the pieces down and gave it a wedgie"."

"Over the chronograph, all factory ammo achieved 50% greater velocity than rated, thanks to another newly introduced Ruger feature, Bore Self-Actualization. The rifling is a regressive R+ type, with planner flats and radial scrugs. At mid barrel, just when the bullet thinks it is settled in, the rifling reverses direction, causes the bullet to pause, reflect and shake off its complacency before taking off like a coyote that sat on an ant hill. Hence the big time boost in velocity. Our subject gun's accuracy wasn't bad with 0.503" five shot groups at 400 yards as a 357 Mag, 1.502" groups with the 22 LR selection, both groups shot while bucking a 20 knot cross wind with 15º of cross wind crab dialed in."

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd say the majority of hunters who hunt with a handgun, use a revolver or a single shot of some kind. Lots of rabbit and squirrel taken with Ruger and Browning semi .22 pistols though.

This looks like something a Ruger collector will enjoy, I'm not sure about anyone else.

Correct. I've killed a half dozen or so deer with a Ruger .44 mag Revo and one with a S&W .45LC this year. Lots of handgun hunters out there.

I'm in the fake report camp as well. Looking at the design, I don't see any way to rotate the barrels.

Latest posts

Top Bottom